GDT USA vs Latvia 2-15-06 9:00 PM Torino time, 3:00 P.M. EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

GuloGulo said:
Add Ivanans. They had Zholtok (RIP) too.
Pretty decent for a country of like... 2 million people and 4 proper indoor rinks imo.

Yeah, I'd root for them if we weren't playing them, they seem like a scrappy team.

Martins Karsums is from Latvia too, I think. He's supposed to be a good prospect for the Bruins.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mr Brownstone said:
USA will survive a scare in this one. I'll say 5-3 with an empty netter. We'll see why Waddell should have taken Ryan Miller.

OK, I'm really getting frustrated here.

It's quite simple why Ryan Miller was not taken.

He was injured when the team was named.

Everyone knows that Don Waddell was praying that Esche would pull out after getting hurt

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
GuloGulo said:
Add Ivanans. They had Zholtok (RIP) too.
Pretty decent for a country of like... 2 million people and 4 proper indoor rinks imo.

And when you watch this game, their fans are rabid, and they represent well. I remember watching them play Slovakia in 2002, the arena was electric. Fans screaming and yelling. Waving flags. Running up and down the stands

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
acr said:
Yeah, I'd root for them if we weren't playing them, they seem like a scrappy team.

Martins Karsums is from Latvia too, I think. He's supposed to be a good prospect for the Bruins.

Bartulis aint bad either, he plays in Moncton aswell. Real pitty non of them were picked by coach. Many of the players on Latvian roster are drafted and theres some of exNHL players like Pantelejevs and Vasiljevs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sakaarnis said:
Bartulis aint bad either, he plays in Moncton aswell. Real pitty non of them were picked by coach. Many of the players on Latvian roster are drafted and theres some of exNHL players like Pantelejevs and Vasiljevs.

is that not because the Worlds are in Latvia this year and they don't want to overhaul the team? I think a lot of the Latvian players are well into their 30s

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
go kim johnsson 514 said:
is that not because the Worlds are in Latvia this year and they don't want to overhaul the team? I think a lot of the Latvian players are well into their 30s
Its not so bad as many would think. The days when we were worrried who will take place of the veterens has gone. The new players are doing well and even though this squad IMO would do better without some of the veterans, avarage age of teh team is 29 wich by modern hockey standarts are normal. In world chepms i hope to see Bartulis and Karsums thats one, Sprukts would make it and hes picked up realy good form but got injured recently so well see him only in WC aswell and ofcourse Ivanans. There are some more good prospects up n comming, still not yet ready to step in main team. Things looking great over here and those who say that this team is too old, this team only do good becouse have players from exUSSR school are telling 5 year old news and havent picked up a new "a little fresher" newspaper.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
I am also a homer and I am pulling for Gionta to get a hat trick and become the darling of Turin.

GO USA!

COACH UPDATE: I like the Latvian coach's suit. Nice touch with the Latvia patch on the breast pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad