Behind the Bench
Czech Republic 5-3

CZE Goal Scorers: Vrana(2), Olesz, Kaspar, Petruzalek
USA Goal Scorers: O'Sullivan, Fritsche, Kessel

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
From what I've been told, the Czech's were in control for most of the game against Switzerland and are finally coming around as a team. They certainly have the talent to not only beat the U.S. but considering how the U.S. is playing this year, absolutely crush them.

The big question now is will the U.S. team show up. If they do, it will be a hard fought game that will be decided by a single goal either way. If the U.S. plays like they did even during the Russian game, they will lose and lose big.

NWT Habs Fan

Apr 25, 2003
Edmonton, AB
Visit site
Two teams headed in opposite directions. The key factor is how the US coaching staff prepare their team for this game. If they remind the boys that if they win this game, then they lock up first place, then I expect a good close game with the US clinging on for dear life. If not, I see the improving Czechs taking it to a US defence and goaltending lacking in confidence. The Czechs looked good yesterday against the Swiss, and Olesz clearly has better games in him than he showed yesterday. Swartz also was looking a lot better than the goalie for which his current WHL stats represent.

Another note, there is lots of well deserved hype over the incredible play of Phil Kessel, but young 16 year old Michael Frolik looks like he is going to be a good one as well. Great exposure for two young future stars of the game.

5-3 Czech over US.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Rangers_23 said:
4:3 USA

USA better start to play something that resembles defense. Jack Johnson is probably sitting at home laughing. :banghead:

I don't understand....how would Johnson have made a difference? He may be a great talent, but he's a young 17 yr old. Brian Lee ain't even seeing the ice and USA hockey thought more of him to bring to this tourney. Is it possible Lee is better than Johnson?

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
4-2 Czech Republic. I will be very surprised if team USA can recover from the horrible defeat quickly enough to win this one.

Kessel and O'Sullivan for the US.
Olesz, Vrana x2 and Kvapil for Czech Republic.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
US will bounce back in this one with a 5-3 win, but they are still not in the same league as the Canadians and I still believe that the Russians are the far superior team to the Americans as well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The U.S. has the motivation for this game (to win the pool), I just wonder if they have the ability to execute a solid game plan and play to their potential. Everything indicates the Czechs should win this game, perhaps in walk, so I'm going with a Czech victory, but I won't be surprised if the U.S. pulls a victory out either. Montoya, the defense, and special teams will once again be key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad