4:
13 Konsta Hirvonen - 23 Ville Petman - 21 Jesse Moilanen
6 Lassi Thomson
13. hyökkääjä:
34 Arttu Nevasaari

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
After 1st period Finland leads Belarus 3-0.
Finland scored first goal of the game in powerplay when Belarus took 2min penalty in first shift.
2nd goal came when the first period was played for just over ten minutes.

Finland had good pressure in offensive zone Mikko Kokkonen and Toni Utunen created scoring chance and Kaapo Kakko buried one timer no chance for Belarus goalie to save that goal.

3rd goal came when Finland's 4th line got pressure in offensive zone and Belarus was forced to take a penalty. But Finland Jesse Moilanen scored for rebound before Belarus's penalty was called.

Goalies Saves in 1st period
Finland 6
Belarus 15

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Is Finland's Niklas Nordgren draft eligible this year? Seems like he is, never mind.

He must be a first round pick now, but how high? Size must be the issue with him.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I dont see Nordgren going in first round. He reminds of Joni Ikonen from last years tournament a bit better goalscorer but Ikonen was better skater and more creative

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I dont see Nordgren going in first round. He reminds of Joni Ikonen from last years tournament a bit better goalscorer but Ikonen was better skater and more creative

I think he will be a steal if he goes late first round like Tolvanen or Vesalainen.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Is Finland's Niklas Nordgren draft eligible this year? Seems like he is, never mind.

He must be a first round pick now, but how high? Size must be the issue with him.

Yes Nordgren is draft eligible this summer.
Size is issue for Nordgren and it could drop him somewhere rounds 2 to 7.
If Nordgren would be 10-15cm taller then he maybe could be late 1st round pick.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I think he will be a steal if he goes late first round like Tolvanen or Vesalainen.

It'll be huge surprise if Nordgren really goes late 1st round.
But with that size what he has now i don't think so and yes i'm HIFK fan and i like Nordgren but he's not 1st rounder.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It'll be huge surprise if Nordgren really goes late 1st round.
But with that size what he has now i don't think so and yes i'm HIFK fan and i like Nordgren but he's not 1st rounder.

We are going to see soon. His stocks are rising so fast now. He's so natural goal scorer it's crazy. Total Laine and Tolvanen vibes with that. Teams have to take a serious looks on him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Comfortable 5-2 win, Kotkaniemi's injury will be a hit for our depth.

Aand Niemelä just said on tv that he's just fine and will continue playing.

Last edited:

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Thank god we have Kupari on the team, centers would look pretty thin if Kotkaniemi was out. I'm a bit concerned about this team's consistency, when they are on, they can dominate anyone, but there are still too many lapses that will be costly against tougher opponents. Not impressed with Seppälä, he was involved in too many defensive break downs.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Thank god we have Kupari on the team, centers would look pretty thin if Kotkaniemi was out. I'm a bit concerned about this team's consistency, when they are on, they can dominate anyone, but there are still too many lapses that will be costly against tougher opponents. Not impressed with Seppälä, he was involved in too many defensive break downs.
Fortunately Kotkaniemi is fine.

Visul

Dec 22, 2015
I'm a bit concerned about this team's consistency, when they are on, they can dominate anyone, but there are still too many lapses that will be costly against tougher opponents.

I'm not that concerned. Finns have loosen up their play in big leads like they did against Czechs in third period and today. That's not uncommon with teenagers. Today they clearly killed the game and waited for the final whistle. But they have also been excellent when the games have been close.

So glad that Kotkaniemi is alright.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I'm not that concerned. Finns have loosen up their play in big leads like they did against Czechs in third period and today. That's not uncommon with teenagers. Today they clearly killed the game and waited for the final whistle. But they have also been excellent when the games have been close.

So glad that Kotkaniemi is alright.
Definitely agree. I am not worried, they have played great when it matters. Russia win was a great example. If they don't play 100% when they lead 4-0 I don't care as long as they play 100% when the game is tied/they lead by 1-2/are down 1-2.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
We are going to see soon. His stocks are rising so fast now. He's so natural goal scorer it's crazy. Total Laine and Tolvanen vibes with that. Teams have to take a serious looks on him.

If / when Nordgren really goes 1st round this years NHL draft of course i'll be very happy on that.
HIFK needs new junior star when Heiskanen goes to NHL and Nordgren is good candidate on that role.
Ari-Pekka Selin is idiot if he doesn't give good role and icetime for Nordgren in HIFK's liiga roster next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad