>>> Live results <<<

Last edited:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Maybe Gustafson was bluffing to lull the Slovaks into a false sense of security. There is that distinct possibility. Not that Sweden should be trying to determine their opponent. You'd think they would have learned from Belarus. You can be sure that if Sweden does get the Swiss, they will be facing a very fired up Swiss squad, who have shown an uncanny ability to play to the level of their opponents in the last four games.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Gustafsson is an idiot. Get almost any professional or even minor hockey coach and they will not come close to implying what he has implied even in jest. What he has done is brought tremendous scrutiny towards his teams game and perhaps bringing the game of hockey and the Olympics into disrepute. The problem will be in trying to tell if he is coaching to tank it because he coaches every game as though it looks like a tank job. He should have just shut his mouth and let the chips fall. He is a moron , I hope they draw the Swiss and lose. I also have a vested interest in Sweden winning because of the pool I am in but it is morons like Gustafsson that make it easy to cheer Switzerland tomorrow.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
In order to clarify: I don't believe for a minute that Sweden actually will deliberately lose the game, or that such an order will be given. But Sweden won't be wasting any energy on the game - there is a much more important game coming up tomorrow, and losing today is quite frankly nothing to be sorry about.

Jazz

Leo Naphta said:
In order to clarify: I don't believe for a minute that Sweden actually will deliberately lose the game, or that such an order will be given. But Sweden won't be wasting any energy on the game - there is a much more important game coming up tomorrow, and losing today is quite frankly nothing to be sorry about.
That is all fine and dandy - in fact, it won't be the first time ever for that happening (a team taking it easy). But for the coach to come out and even joke/insinuate about it is just plain wrong and unprofessional!

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Jazz said:
That is all fine and dandy - in fact, it won't be the first time ever for that happening (a team taking it easy). But for the coach to come out and even joke/insinuate about it is just plain wrong and unprofessional!

He has actually never insinuated that Sweden should lose. He did however insinuate that Sweden might not play for a win, but for a draw.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
I think it would be best for Sweden and the Olympics for them to play hard but to rest Lundqvist. No point in making him tired/risk injruy in a game like this.

nameht

Dec 3, 2005
Gretzky just ripped up Gustafsson ...he said the swedes were afraid to play Canada :~

anways a little OT: is this game being playin in Canada on any channel?

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
Overreaction is my only reaction :whine: :whine:

I want Sweden to go in and win this game, earn some confidence and beat whoever they'll face tomorrow.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
This could be interesting....

Team Slovakia doesn´t want to win the group and face the Czechs. Team Sweden doesn´t want to finish 2nd and face Canada when they can play Switzerland instead. Or was it the other way round...? ;)

Not to mention that Team Russia can choose their opponent as their game vs Team USA starts later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->