GDT: Sweden vs. Kazakhstan, 11:30am Torino, 5:30am ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Tb0ne said:
How did the Sedins play, I gotta try and catch this on TV today, hoping there is a rerun.

Sedins were imo the best Swedish line with Samuelsson. Compared some other dudes, they didn't so terribly lethargic. They were forced to use some ersatz sticks tho, since their own seem to have disappeared in transport :shakehead

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
Nemchinov13 said:
Wow. That's all that I can say. Sweden did not even break a sweat. They almost looked disinterested. So calm, so smooth, so nonchalant. I'm scared for Russia now. And Henke is in net.

Don't worry about Russia, amigo.

It was Kazahstan, gimme a break.

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Alfie, Sundin and Modin were the worst line this nite. They made many, many misstakes and especially the misstake Alfie made that ended up with him scoring a goal. Could have been 1-1 instead of 2-0...

Samuel PÃ¥hlsson was AWESOME, geez this guy is good. NEVER makes a bad game!

Sedin, Sedin, Samuelsson worked great aswell but didnd't get as much PP time as I hoped for. Got a lot of time in boxplay though which is a great + to BÃ…G!

Hannula played over expectations and if he keep on going like this I might say that BÃ…G was right letting him play in the Olympics.

Defence looked ok. Öhlund and Lidström looked solid, so did Hävelid and Tjärnqvist. Kenny Jönsson did look bad, as expected though and Bäckman was OK but not more. That last defencive pairing will be the akilles this Olympics, for sure!

Zetterberg worked hard together with Holmström and Jönsson, they had a good game even though their first period kind of sucked.

Overall Sweden did what they needed to do, nothing more. Tomorrow is the first real test.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Yeah, that freaking first line is overrated, Sundin looks slow, he had some good passes and a nice goal though, Modin is not tough enough, waiting for some passes. Modin numbers will look much better than they should after this Olympics just because he plays on a line with great passers.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Ovechkin_mvp said:
Don't worry about Russia, amigo.

It was Kazahstan, gimme a break.
Yeah, you're right bro. If Sweden is going to give those 2-on-1s to Datsyuk and Kovalchuk or to Datsyuk and Kovalev or to Malkin and Ovechkin!!!, then yeah, not even Henrik, the King of NY, will save them. Also, Kazakhstan players looked so small compared to the Swedes and they've lost a bunch of board battles. I have a feeling that our Russians will do a whole lot better both in offensive zone puck possession and winning loose puck battles (I don't know how smaller players like Su and Kharitonov will fare though). But those are just my opinions and hopes. I want to see what they can do today against Slovakia. Can't wait to see Ovechkin again and Malkin in action.

SChan*

yarre said:
Yeah, that freaking first line is overrated, Sundin looks slow, he had some good passes and a nice goal though, Modin is not tough enough, waiting for some passes. Modin numbers will look much better than they should after this Olympics just because he plays on a line with great passers.

Modin is very overrated.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
darkboy said:
Did Kolesnik see any time in net for Kazakhstan in this game?
no. but i only saw 1st+2nd periods. yeremeyev was in net.

why do lidstrom and ohlund play together? both can carry a lesser D partner. seems to be putting all the eggs in 1 basket.

i didn't like the swedish PP either. it looked like they just put out the usual lines instead of having PP units.

phillypensfan

Aug 3, 2005
How did Liv look in goal? I watched the first little bit of the game but then needed some sleep having worked til 5 this morning,from what I did see he was looking pretty good...not facing alot of shots though. Hopefully this won't be the only game he gets to play in.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
SectionX said:
Modin is very overrated.

I'd say he's a tad overrated but what really makes him look lost on that line is that all of the three players on that line likes to get inside the slot for their big shot. It would be best to put Modin with a playmaker like Zetterberg. PJ Axelsson could take Modins place on the first line. He's more of an energy guy, a fast skater and he & Alfie know each other well.

Lineup (with Forsberg still missing):
Axelsson - Sundin - Alfredsson
Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson
Holmström - Zetterberg - Modin
Jönsson - Påhlsson - Hannula

Öhlund - Jönsson
Lidström - Hävelid
Tjärnqvist - Bäckman
Sundin

If Forsberg can't play then they could either go with the scoring forwards that we already have and bring in another grinder (like Marcus Nilson), or Gustafsson could give Micke Nylander a call. I think thats a matter of taste but in my opinion, having Jönsson on this team means that we have too many center types and too few wingers. Nilson would mean more muscle and grit and with the kind of defense we have got that kind of player might be more suitable to our situation.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
GuloGulo said:
Sedins were imo the best Swedish line with Samuelsson. Compared some other dudes, they didn't so terribly lethargic. They were forced to use some ersatz sticks tho, since their own seem to have disappeared in transport :shakehead
oh that sucks that their sticks disappeared...but they both got 1G and 1A without using their own sticks!!

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
phillypensfan said:
How did Liv look in goal? I watched the first little bit of the game but then needed some sleep having worked til 5 this morning,from what I did see he was looking pretty good...not facing alot of shots though. Hopefully this won't be the only game he gets to play in.

He was okey, I doubt he will play any more games, or I am quite sure of it, he is only there to eat hotdogs, not to play...

C-J...*

SectionX said:
Modin is very overrated.

So big, yet so soft and cuddly. He needs to grow some damn guts and get in there nailing people, instead of just padding people on the ***.

Samuel Påhlsson is a personal favorite, most underrated player on the team. He´s like Mattias Norström, only a center.

Alfie acted like he was the best player ever, and that he shouldnt even need to break a sweat playing against opponents like the Kazaks, goddamn primadonna. BÃ…G shouldve benched his ***.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Anyone know how Mika Hannula did?

He actually played quite well in the last two periods. He started off pretty weak but ended the game as one of the better Swedes.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
nik jr said:
no. but i only saw 1st+2nd periods. yeremeyev was in net.

why do lidstrom and ohlund play together? both can carry a lesser D partner. seems to be putting all the eggs in 1 basket.

i didn't like the swedish PP either. it looked like they just put out the usual lines instead of having PP units.

I might imagine that since they haven't had much time to practice pp, they decided to go with the usual lines. I think BÃ… will match the pp units better later in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad