GDT: Sweden-USA, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
It was inconclusive. Yes it was most likely over the line BUT you cannot tell from any camera. But because it could not be deteremined, no goal. Fair call but he should have went upstairs.

Agreed. In a perfect world it would have counted, but going by the rules of the game, the angles are all inconclusive, so the call is legitimate.

Nevertheless, 1-1.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Montoya is horrible when he skates out for the puck...

well, Rautio just messed up slightly more: 1-1

BCCHL inactive

Reveille! said:
BS you can see the white in betweent he puck and the line right as the glove is going over it.

I don't know what replays you saw, but they weren't the ones TSN showed on their broadcast.

The referee should have gone upstairs, but he would have come out waving his arms, signalling no goal.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
The hockey gods have given the goal that should have been counted before but because of the ref it wasnt. Thanks hockey gods!

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Van said:
I don't know what replays you saw, but they weren't the ones TSN showed on their broadcast.

The referee should have gone upstairs, but he would have come out waving his arms, signalling no goal.

I still don't buy that. That was clearly a goal.

Anyhow, it's 1-1.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Boucicaut said:
Montoya is horrible when he skates out for the puck...

well, Rautio just messed up slightly more: 1-1

Montoya is one of the best stickehandlers at his age(as a goalie)..if not the best.

BCCHL inactive

Reveille! said:
I still don't buy that.

It's not a matter of "buying it". The replays were inconclusive. That is not a matter of opinion.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Is this REF going to do his job?!?! The sweeden player got away with taking a player down to lead to a 3 on 1. He has to call that.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Van said:

Then TSN must lack the number of angles ESPN has because one angle showed the whole puck across the line.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Patrick said:
Then TSN must lack the number of angles ESPN has because one angle showed the whole puck across the line.

Im watching on ESPN....haven't seen any replay that shows that.

BCCHL inactive

Patrick said:
Its the broadcast camera that was zoomed in, it was cleary over the line. Im taping the game so next commercial I will rewind and look again.

You can't go by the broadcast camera because of the angle and optical illusion it brings. We saw this in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->