GDT: Russia - USA 8:38PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobey Baker

May 27, 2004
Charlestown
sabresprospects.com
Here we go - good intro. I almost forgot about Shirokov taunting the crowd in the opener....Big game, folks! The Americans better show up and play some D tonight and hope that the offense can find another 5 or 6 Kessels.

carl from pori

Dec 18, 2004
say thanx

U S can tell the swedish coach that his money will be in the bankaccount tomorrow
Because he was starting Rautio instead of Heino-Lindberg.The biggest mistake in the tournament so far and to me it smells....
If Heino-lindberg had been in yesterday, sweden should have been playing russia this evening....

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Why do the Americans get the last change? The Russians are ranked higher so they should be the home team, right?

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
Well that didnt take long, Vorobiev scores on the PP (Ovechkin and someone else with the assists) . 1-0 Russia, Montoya didnt look very sharp there.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
wilka91 said:
Why do the Americans get the last change? The Russians are ranked higher so they should be the home team, right?

They play home "every other game", next time USA plays Russia in the WJC Russia will be the "home" team.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Ola said:
They play home "every other game", next time USA plays Russia in the WJC Russia will be the "home" team.

Ok, thanks, I had no idea it worked that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad