GDT: Russia - USA 8:38PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentNaslund*

Fatigue is gonna be a problem for the United States. Hes right. 4th game in 5 nights. U.S.A does have Momentum going into this one. But its gonna hurt these young men with a 4th game in 5 nights thing. Keep in mind these guys are not professionals yet. I want U.S.A to win. But My head is telling Russia is gonna win this close one. 4-3 Rassia.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I just hope Russia wins, because if they don't, I won't see a single game of theirs on TV.

Wait, maybe they are showing the bronze medal game here too, and that would be perfect because against Canada the Russians won't be able to play the way I want to see them play. So yeah, Russia should lose this one.

leafaholix*

LET'S GO RUSSIA!

I want to see Dimitri Vorobiev on TSN vs. Canada... booya!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
ВПЕРРРРРРЁЁЁЁЁЁЁЁЁЁЁЁЁД РЕБЯТА!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
This is a tough call for me. The Russians have been shockingly underwhelming to me, mins a player or two, despite winning every game but the first. Team USA, well, everyone knows that story.

Both of these teams are not performing to my expectations, and really only a handful of guys have done what they need to do. It'll be a close game I think, and my money would be on the US continuing their momentum and making it to the final at home.

Macman

May 15, 2004
This is a tough one, but I have to go with the Yanks by another 5-4 score.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
RUSSIA 7 : USA 4

Rus: Ovechkin 2, Malkin, Lisin, Pestunov, Vorobiev, Voloshenko
Usa: Stafford 3, Kessel

Disagree. The U.S. will come out firing on all cylinders while the Russians will be an over confident and lazy lot. The much maligned U.S. defense will be vastly improved while the Russian D will continue to cause turn overs and give aways that the U.S. will bury!

Final Score U.S. 6 Russia 1.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
VOB said:
Disagree. The U.S. will come out firing on all cylinders while the Russians will be an over confident and lazy lot. The much maligned U.S. defense will be vastly improved while the Russian D will continue to cause turn overs and give aways that the U.S. will bury!

Final Score U.S. 6 Russia 1.

Could happen. But its just my opinion that Russia will spank the USA.

leafaholix*

I'm thinking the Russian coaches will play the Ezhov-Vorobiev pairing like crazy.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
MOGiLNY said:
anyways, since the damn TSN isn't showing this game till monday, where can i listen to the game?

:mad: That pisses me off, I was looking forward to this one!

I think...

Russia wins 4-3.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Both teams have excellent offense, a bit shaky defence and medium goaltending. I'll go for a pretty even but high scoring game:
Russia 6-5 overtime/shootout

Ovechkin x3, Shirokov x2 and Malkin 1+2 for Russia
Stafford, Kessel x2, Fritsche and O'Sullivan for the US.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
USA wins 4-3

Very even game, but Montoya comes up huge despite being left out to dry a couple times.

Ovechkin, Malkin (2)

Kessel(2), Stafford, Suter

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
Makarov said:
By the by, doesn't Kessel remind you of a young Paul Kariya when he played for Canada in the Juniors...
That's the comparison I was thinking of too. Ton's of skill at top speed. He's like reckless with his body, like he's in the XGames. Hope he never gets hurt bad, but it's almost inevitable. Kids at that age believe they are indestructible.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I have a feeling that Montoya is going to come up big in this game and win it for the US.

I'll say a 4-2 score for the US. Kessel with 2, Suter with 1, and Stafford with 1. Radulov and Ovechkin wih 1 each for Russia.

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for. I like Russia more, but if the US wins I get to see another game on TV.

ESPN should just show the semis, or at least the finals. :banghead:

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
Berkut said:
We didn't see much Kessel in the first 4 games...In my opinion he got a lucky run this time. It happends even to not so good players.
Wow nice troll, I'll bite. If he were a Canadian would it be luck? As someone else said that isn't luck.

Larionov Fan

Dec 30, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
2forsbergaura1 said:
its the OPPOSITE...some people here give Russia too much credit, mainly the people who are big fans of Russia. I am honestly a huge fan of Russia and i want them to win. However, I am also REALISTIC about their team. they have maybe two of the best forwards in the tournament in OVECHKIN and MALKIN...but what else do they have???? NOT MUCH. their goalie is VERY average, sometimes below average. whats worse is their DEFENSE, or the lack of it. sometimes their defense looks like that of a high school team...

I think if you take out Ovechkin and Malkin, you just described the USA in the past few games. I think anyone who predicts the Russians will only score one goal is really betting on double zero (to use a roulette analogy)... the Russians will get their goals. This game hinges on how Khudobin and Montoya play... right now they are equal (which shows you how badly Montoya has really played).

Prediction...
russia 7 (ovechkin [3], shirokov, voloshenko, rykov, lisin)
usa 5 (stafford [2], brown, kessel, suter)

Also, on one other note, i'd be interested to know how many people in Canada would prefer the Russia/USA game over the Giants/Cowboys game... i'd like to be optimistic and think that it's gotta be close seeing how most nfl fans have no interest in this game. I'm a huge nfl fan, and i want nothing to do with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad