Olympics: GDT Russia - Sweden

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Of course best on best is more interesting?
Doesn’t mean people Don’t care. As soon as sweden has a medal in whatever it’s all over the news. And everybody’s a fan.
Just like Foppa and Salo are remembered for the 94 gold.

It kind of does. I can obviously speak for myself and people around me for 100%, but the buzz is nonexistent, it’s nothing like 2014, 2010 or especially 2006. Heck I’ve seen a lot more enthusiasm for regular WC. And I’m very curious to see how it shows on the ratings. Don’t know if that’s easy to find publically available information.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It kind of does. I can obviously speak for myself and people around me for 100%, but the buzz is nonexistent, it’s nothing like 2014, 2010 or especially 2006. Heck I’ve seen a lot more enthusiasm for regular WC. And I’m very curious to see how it shows on the ratings. Don’t know if that’s easy to find publically available information.
Part of it is also the atmosphere of the tourney, very few spectators, weird rinks

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Part of it is also the atmosphere of the tourney, very few spectators, weird rinks

True. And lets make this clear, this could all be figment of my imagination. I have no idea how majority of the people feel. My take is solely based on something I’m experiencing in my own, but normally very enthusiastic little bubble.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah but we didn’t even send our best in Europe, because who cares about commie olympics. Only Russia and Finland cared enough to send the best players they had available. I don’t understand why they take the olympics so seriously. Winning this means nothing really. Rather win junior world cup to be honest. Barely anyone here is watching or care about olympic hockey.

You think Russia was any different? They had the same gameplan as Sweden. Both teams left tons of talent off the roster to constructed defensive minded teams.
Russia left 7 top their top 10 KHL scorers off the roster. Quit complaining.

Reactions: Bread4Life

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Haven’t watched the tournament at all. So I can’t speak to the way they played. But considering the poor state of swedish euro players Garpenlövs decision to just grind it up doesn’t seem like a terrible strategy.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Haven’t watched the tournament at all. So I can’t speak to the way they played. But considering the poor state of swedish euro players Garpenlövs decision to just grind it up doesn’t seem like a terrible strategy.

looked pretty good in all games. always hard working.

some players in this squad that should make it to wc.

the brome - lander - klingberg line has to be in wc. perfect 3rd line for wc. nordstrom - kruger - friberg as the 4th line. wallmark in the top 6 even with nhlers. tömmernäs, folin and pudas have been amazing. those 3 with the 3 best possible d NHLers would make a good d-crop in WC.

Lars Johansson is a lock. He is the best goalie we have together with Lehner and Markstrom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad