GDT: QMJHL All Stars versus Russian Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Keep it cool guys. Just remind that these are exhibition games. And this was just ONE game. New Jersey and Colorado looses games once in a while...

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
HabLover said:
The 'D' team??....c'mon, let me see you make up the Russian 'A', 'B' and 'C' teams then! Oh yeah, I forgot, you can't! HA HA!

We'll here's a rough estimate buddy:shakehead

A-TEAM
GOALTENDERS: Barulin*, Sidikov*
D-MEN: Babchuk, Korneev, Kosmachev, Spiridonov, Gimayev, Peretyagin, Stepanov,Tyulyapkin
FORWARDS: Zherdev, Mirnov, Anshakov, Ovechkin, Semin, Glazachev, Kazionov, Malkin, Pestunov, Krikunov, Tunik, Shafigullin

B-TEAM
GOALTENDERS: Khudyakov, Borisov
D-MEN: Ezhov, Lyamin, Grot, Kadeikin*, Pepelyaev, Panin, Vorobiev, Stonkus
FORWARDS: Isakov, Chernykh, Ermolin, Evseev* Glukhov, Sheviev, Shkotov, Khomutov, Makarov*, Stasyuk, Krutov*, Bobrov

C-TEAM
GOALTENDERS: Khudobin, Gorelov
D-MEN: Kostyuk, Ponomarev, Belov*, Pervyshin, Karetin, Garipov, Voroshinin*, Shinin*
FORWARDS: Shitikov, Lisin, Parshin, Yunkov, Voloshenko, Dubinin, Ivanov, Naurov, Petrov, Loginov, Kozhevnikov, Shemetov

It's almost a given that no players but the goalies are making the WJC.
So other than them you have:
4 "B" players,
3 "C" players
15 "D" or below level players

That pretty much averages to a high "D" team.

Castor Troy

Sep 25, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I fail to see the big deal here... the Russian Selects have scored, what, 1 goal that wasn't a fluke in 3 games? Nice win for them tonight thanks to some amazing goaltending. I don't think there's anything to be worried about though from a Canadian perspective. Both countries' WJC rosters will look almost completely different, and (hopefully) coach will use his players in the right roles when the games really matter.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
JasonMacIsaac said:
You should have seen video's of him in Midget, it looked like Lindros in the CHL, he was throwing everyone to the ice and would skate circles around one player with a guy basicly on his back. His leg strength is going to be the key for him in the future along with his brains.

he still did skate circles around everyone

he has a weird stride
it is really short and compact but it is suprisingly smooth and he moves like lightning

crosby didnt get very much ice the first 2 1/2 periods suprisingly and saw mabye 20 seconds of pp time as well

i was really disapointed with the coaching since most people paid to see crosby, they saw alot more of the other n.s. natives, urquhart and dixon

we sverly outplaid the russians, but unfortunately we had 2 tommy salos in net in the 1st and 3rd

Capt Tuttle

Jan 31, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
Slick Nick said:
Barulin is the man!! Imagine when he'll have the 20 missing players in front of him...and lets not forget Ovechkin and Malkin are going 1st and 2nd so far acording to the scouting services... And Zherdev...

Russia will be pretty strong at the U20...

Yea. Russia have a thousand players back in Russia who are better, but because of their non-elitist system, they wanted to give all their players a chance to play in Canada, so they sent house league players who were told to shoot their wrong way.

Dr_Chimera*

Hossa said:
The issue for them will be defence. No Tyutin, no Koltsov, no Kondratiev, no Grebeshkov...

Aside from Anton Babchuk, there won't be that many defencemen. Grot, Kosmachev, Korneev and Gimayev are the other guys who will probably be on the team, hardly a stacked roster.

I hope to see Kosmachev, Korneev and Pervyshin on the team.

Pervyshin is an absolute stud. He might dominate - but he's incredibly short, but he does everything.

But Russia's needs Babchuk's size here, otherwise most offensive blueliners will be undersized.

Dr_Chimera*

Don_Cherry said:
It's going to be an excellent tournament and Canada and Russia will both ice fabulous hockey teams.

Let's not forget Barulin was absolutely LIT UP during the first game.... He had an anomaly tonight, it hasn't really been the norm for him to perform like that. However, he will be very difficult to beat should he be on fire again at the tournament.

It'll be great hockey.

Most guys would get lit up in that barrage.

He's a very solid goalie - he should do well with a solid team in front of him. I like him more than Medvedev.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
we used our 2 worst lines on the PP. Durocher was just rolling 4 lines and he split them into two groups. PP and PK. So Crosby got to play PK tonight. It will probably be reveresed in Rimouski.

Either way it wasnt a bad game. Barulin really played well. PLus we hit 4 posts.

Bud The Spud*

Dr_Chimera said:
Most guys would get lit up in that barrage.

He's a very solid goalie - he should do well with a solid team in front of him. I like him more than Medvedev.

Yeah he was awesome and the whole reason why the team won. 53 saves, wow!

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Dr_Chimera said:
Pervyshin is an absolute stud. He might dominate - but he's incredibly short, but he does everything.

I remember him from the previous WJC U18, I wasn't following him too attentively but I've noticted that he has absolutely wonderful "first pass".

DR. Holiday

Slick Nick said:
Keep changing your frustraion into racism (double racism; vs russians and vs quebecrs)... Did I ever mentionned the LHJMQ played bad, no... I just said the Russian team will be very strong at the next U20.

It's pretty raw to ask somebody to ga back in his countrey... Tho it dosen't affect me since my mother is french Canadian... And that my country is QUÉBEC...

Go back to USA jr, oops ur already there...

First go learn what racism is and then learn a bit about the person before you charge them with it. My GF is from Quebec (which by the way is a province not a Country) and I travel there a lot. Asking if putting a man in front of the net is allowed doesn't exactly qualify as racism but rather was ment to point out a major weakness in the team. Grow up slick

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
Anybody notice how #29 Vladislav Evseev played last night? I noticed from the box score that he assisted on Russia's last goal, but didn't have the pleasure of watching the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad