GDT: Qf Finland - USA 17:35 CET 02-22-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!!

Cheering for an upset here, but if Finland wins, I'll be rooting them on the rest of the way. Which means they're doomed. Sorry, Finns.

Lupul*

Go USA!!!

It's hard to root against Niittymaki, but I really want to see USA advance! :jump:

two out of three*

The game is at 11 E.T. right? They keep showing womens ice dancing on USA..

zarathustra1900

Dec 10, 2005
Italy
Online Radio Access Please Help

blacklabel said:

I live in Italy, and have tried this site apparently within the Netherlands and states I am unable to view it as I am out of their territory?!

Someone said TSN yesterday, but I could not find location for radio link..I searched everywhere...

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated....Italians are so freakin insecure..if they are not in it, they don't play it...among other things.

I hope I will be wrong, but just in case...

please post it if you know..I am on dial up.

Many thanks!!!

acr*

Let's go America!

I'm not confident, but I'll hope.

BTW, how did we Anglicize Suomi into "Finland"...they're not even close to each other..

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
Seems like a fair numer of posters on the Finnish board (Jatkoaika) think that the only way the US can win this one is if the Canadian :eek: referee hands the game to them. :shakehead While I don't agree with this assessment at all, I do think the US obviously faces an uphill battle. At this stage of the tournament I don't think Finland will be beaten at it's own game very easily, but if Laviolette has managed to come up with an appropriate and efficient gameplan (one that shuts down the Koivu line), I can see the US pulling an upset. You never know.

Only a few more minutes before the puck hits the ice. Fasten your seat belts, boys and girls! :handclap:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
acr said:
Let's go America!

I'm not confident, but I'll hope.

BTW, how did we Anglicize Suomi into "Finland"...they're not even close to each other..
The name Finland is by far older for the nation, dating back to the latin name "Finlandia", meaning "Country of those who move around", which was referring to the Fenni people (who were made up mostly by tavastians).

The name Suomi, or even the thought of having the different regions and different finnish tribes, or peoples together under an own name is "new", as it was formed as earliest in the 1830's and the name Suomi first occuring as a name for all the regions in the 1870's, and established as a finnish official name for the region some 10 years earlier, and further established with the independence in 1917.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
mattihp said:
The name Finland is by far older for the nation, dating back to the latin name "Finlandia", meaning "Country of those who move around", which was referring to the Fenni people (who were made up mostly by tavastians).

The name Suomi, or even the thought of having the different regions and different finnish tribes, or peoples together under an own name is "new", as it was formed as earliest in the 1830's and the name Suomi first occuring as a name for all the regions in the 1870's, and established as a finnish official name for the region some 10 years earlier, and further established with the independence in 1917.
Now tell us why you swedes are named after a vegetable. ;)

acr*

mattihp said:

Okay, thanks...

Learning all this history during the olympics is fun

jaydub*

Ruutu is a worthless human being. Can't wait till someone takes a run at him in the NHL and gives him what he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad