GDT: Qf Finland - USA 17:35 CET 02-22-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Finland is the favourite. If Niittymäki is good and they can get the game flying right away and 1st line is in shape this should be a win. If USA can get the Finns speed away and stay out of the box they have a chance. But still it will be a close game and everything can happen. I say 3-2 or 3-1 to Finland.

Finnish coach wants more goals from Olli Jokinen and the whole 2nd line. (J.Jokinen and Peltonen) I agree, we need goals from others too. Can the 1st line fly in every game?

Let's see BRING IT ON! :yo:

Last edited:

Hensta

May 10, 2005
Kuusamo,Finland
Its Playoff time! Speedy Fins against Good OLD USA. Tough one but I trust our first line, Niittymäki and solid defence. 3-0!!
Comoon Guys!!! SUOMI SUOMI SUOMI!!! :yo:

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Achillee's heel? Finns 2nd line. Peltonen and J.Jokinen are like replicas of each others. There should be one grinder, or some energetic forward like Hagman there, to make that line actually work like it should. J.Jokinen does not shoot, at all, and his speed is way too slow. Peltonen seems to be rather weak with the puck, but he's good in forecheck. So, swap Hagman to 2nd, put J.Jokinen on 3rd with Kapanen and Laaksonen.
Bench Hentunen.

There we'd have somewhat better lineup for this game.

1st line might be extra cautiously guarded, for a reason.

US game yesterday, seemed a lot better than any of their earlier in the starting round. They oughta be ready for a win as well, unless they're starting with Esche.

NO predictions for score, I never get 'em right anyways... :sarcasm:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Dumb question, but

what does Suomi mean? (in english)

I'm Canadian and not fluent in Finnish in anyway. Thanks in Advance

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hows the atmosphere in Finland?

I heard you commenators were saying that Sweden intentionally missed shots ect. against Switzerland. Thats just ridicoulus. They didn't come to play but saying that they intentionally missed shots is just made up BS.

The only reason I can come up with that is that Finland are extremely nervous of loosing in the QF?

Just asking because I am planning on making a big big bet on USA?

isanta

Feb 21, 2006
Jimmi Jenkins said:
Dumb question, but

what does Suomi mean? (in english)

I'm Canadian and not in any way fluent in Finnish in anyway. Thanks in Advance

Suomi means Finland :teach:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Zambonidriver² said:
Achillee's heel? Finns 2nd line. Peltonen and J.Jokinen are like replicas of each others. There should be one grinder, or some energetic forward like Hagman there, to make that line actually work like it should. J.Jokinen does not shoot, at all, and his speed is way too slow. Peltonen seems to be rather weak with the puck, but he's good in forecheck. So, swap Hagman to 2nd, put J.Jokinen on 3rd with Kapanen and Laaksonen.
Bench Hentunen.

US game yesterday, seemed a lot better than any of their earlier in the starting round. They oughta be ready for a win as well, unless they're starting with Esche.

but in that game vs russia, russia wasn't trying hard. if finns keep playing same way, w/ strong D, few penalties, good PP, they should win.

3-0 suomi!

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Too slow...

Anyway, this a huge game. Not only Team USA gets it's rematch but Team Finland losing would be a big disappointment. Still, quite possible. Both teams want to win of course. Which team wants it more, wins. There's no big skill difference but with Finland being a slight favorite to win I'd expect a good game with Team Finland slightly controlling the game.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Thank you very much. I thought as much, but I wasn't totally sure. Thank you again, and please crush the US, they don't deserve to be where they are.

Edit: It's pronunced Suomi [SOO-oh-mee], right? Thanks

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Ola said:
Hows the atmosphere in Finland?

I heard you commenators were saying that Sweden intentionally missed shots ect. against Switzerland. Thats just ridicoulus. They didn't come to play but saying that they intentionally missed shots is just made up BS.

The only reason I can come up with that is that Finland are extremely nervous of loosing in the QF?

Just asking because I am planning on making a big big bet on USA?

Atmosphere is ok and we believe in our team more than ever...and were are not EXTREMELY nervous maybe just nervous like always in these games.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jimmi Jenkins said:
Thank you very much. I thought as much, but I wasn't totally sure. Thank you again, and please crush the US, they don't deserve to be where they are.

Edit: It's pronunced Suomi [SOO-oh-mee], right? Thanks
No, it's pronounced how it's written: SUO-MI

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Zambonidriver² said:
Bench Hentunen.

Sorry, but I really don't know what some people have against V. Peltonen or J. Jokinen. Peltonen is at least able to score or to give intelligent passes for others also J. Jokinen. You only have to check the player statistic of team Finland to see who is bad.

In my opinion J. Ruutu has nothing to do in the finnish national team. Almost all forwards in the finnish national team have scoring points or assists points at least or a +balance when they are on the ice, only J. Ruutu, J. Hentunen, A. Laaksonen and M. Koivu not. J. Ruutu is only the "king of penalties by the Finns.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jokeri said:
In canadian accent [SOO-oh-mee] sounds like it should be. SAOUMAI doesn't sound like Finnish :D
Yeah, and maybe Niittymäki should change his name to Nittimayki. :sarcasm:

The best one I've seen is Ninnimatti. :biglaugh:

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Zambonidriver² said:
Bench Hentunen.

Hagman?
You suggest swopping a guy who won't shoot for a guy who can't shoot?
Hagman has gotten himself into scoring positions several times in this tournament and has been incapable of shooting and scoring.
His only hope of scoring would be if the atoms of the puck perfectly aligned themselves with those of the goalie and flew straight through him. The chance of that is 1 in thirty trillion billion or something.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Jokeri said:
Atmosphere is ok and we believe in our team more than ever...and were are not EXTREMELY nervous maybe just nervous like always in these games.

Thanks, maybe it was just the announcers who have gotten the Olympic fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad