GDT: Opening & closing ceremonies

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Thank god the 2024 Olympics are in Paris. 3 consecutive Olympics in the asian time zone are just insane.

is it official that it's in Paris? or the hope.
I know. i mean i love the Olympics more than anything but near the end i was like screw it sleep is better.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
:cry: Olympics are over.
998 days until Tokyo.
1440 days until Beijing.

(sigh).

Always sad when the Olympics are over and the Olympic Spirit disappears, but that's why they are so special.
Pyeongchang without the NHL was just not my thing. But Tokyo and Beijing are another matter, it won't be easy at all but I'll give it a try...

is it official that it's in Paris? or the hope.
I know. i mean i love the Olympics more than anything but near the end i was like screw it sleep is better.

Paris 2024 and LA 2028 are official already... nobody else wanted to host the Summer Olympics in 2024 so they kinda agreed on sharing the burden four years apart :laugh:

Reactions: Filppula

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That Beijing preview part of the ceremony was awesome. Usually they just throw something quickly together, but China always puts on a great show.

Reactions: Filppula

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
One of the things I've always loved about the closing ceremony is that it always feels like a party. I remember the London games and the concert that broke out. It was great.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
No torch extinguishing could be as sad as Vancouver's. That performance by Neil Young was almost too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad