GDT: Opening & closing ceremonies

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I`m looking forward to the Opening ceremonies every two years. I was not disappointed until now. Can`t wait for the flame.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Very beautiful ceremony. Handshake between the north and the south. I liked the rings the most. That was impressive.

Oct 18, 2006
Cauldron lighting was cool. I thought 'Imagine' started real bad, but got a lot better.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
The USA Olympic team used the song Gangnam Style for their intro music to the games

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The US not airing the opening ceremony live is sort of doubly stupid because not only will many people have seen it online or heard about it already which will reduce viewership. Also it prevents them from airing any of the events live for Saturday on primetime Fri night coverage. Of course if you notice there are practically no events scheduled today between 8am and noon PyeongChang time because they obviously knew well in advance that NBC would be showing the opening ceremony on tape delay at that time. End result...we won't know but I bet regular event coverage tonight from 8-11 WOULD have gotten better ratings than the delayed ceremony will

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Yuna Kim got real close to the edge there as she skated around. Cauldron lightning blew away Rio which I thought was one of the more mundane and boring ones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad