GDT: Germany vs. Switzerland, Feb.19, 12pm Torino, 6am EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerOlli*

Force said:
what should Goc have done?
he was out of position... if he hooked him, it'd be a penalty...
The new rules were introduced in january only. Thats a problem as well.

Bad positioning play by the other players.

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
I've got to say I'm very impressed by the Swiss PK. Would be awesome if they could pull off an upset in the quarterfinals! :yo:

OilerOlli*

daikan said:
I've got to say I'm very impressed by the Swiss PK. Would be awesome if they could pull off an upset in the quarterfinals! :yo:

It's not that difficult to kill penalties against us.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Good god this must be the worst game in this tournament so far.

But I'm so glad we don't have to watch the uberboring Team Germany playing in the quarterfinals. Go Suisse!

Cyclops II*

Mr. Penguin said:
Good god this must be the worst game in this tournament so far.

But I'm so glad we don't have to watch the uberboring Team Germany playing in the quarterfinals. Go Suisse!

if the game is garbage it is because the Swiss are in it.

Ironchef Chris Wok*

Is it jyust me or is Conne winning EVERY faceoff?

That guy could have a job in the NHL. iF Mike Eastwood had a job for all these years, then this COnne guy should get a shot

OilerOlli*

Cyclops II said:
if the game is garbage it is because the Swiss are in it.

For sure. How could this team beat Canada and Csr? They are more than weak!

Cyclops II*

OilerOlli said:
For sure. How could this team beat Canada and Csr? They are more than weak!

I am saying that the Swiss are a boring team like a Jacques Lemaire coached team. Good goalies, good trapping defense and no offensive ability.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Ha ha... yeah, Germany's games have been sooo exciting in this tourney... :sarcasm:

WOOOO!!! A tie! No team Germany in the quarterfinals! Thank you Suisse for making this tournament more interesting!! :handclap:

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Well the Swiss are probably pretty tired because of those two WINS against teams we lost to and didn't even have a chacne to win.

OilerOlli*

Switzerland will be a wildcard for the opponent in the quarterfinals imo
They had their surprises against Canada and the Czechs, but that team cannot beat 3 of the big Nations in One tournament! And quarterfinals are a different stories than the group games. No one will underrate Switzerland there!
They were afraid of Germany and only defended the 2:2, so they won't do anything in the quarters!

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
I crapped all over Felski but he has put some pucks in the net. Germany were always likely to give the Swiss a tough game but that has to be a bitter pill for them to swallow because they would have been slight favorites coming in to this game all things being normal. All things are not normal and the Swiss are playing desperate hockey against the top nations. The Germans now have to look forward to playing Div 1 in the spring. Too bad really, i like their program and players.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
OilerOlli said:
Switzerland will be a wildcard for the opponent in the quarterfinals imo
They had their surprises against Canada and the Czechs, but that team cannot beat 3 of the big Nations in One tournament! And quarterfinals are a different stories than the group games. No one will underrate Switzerland there!
They were afraid of Germany and only defended the 2:2, so they won't do anything in the quarters!

Anything can happen with a hot goalie. They have confidence now. I kinda hope they will advance, that way people will realize that good hockey is played in leagues outside of the NHL.

Again, congrats Switzerland and I hope the German hockey federation thinks about looking a bit further into the swiss hockey programm and youth system.

I'm really curious if we'll see any of our NHLers that won't reach the play-offs at the B-WM, I don't think so though.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Why should we play with 100% against Germany? We have other games and we need our energy for the quaterfinal. That game was boring yes, but that is not our problem. I look forward to the game with a lot skills like Slowakia against Sweden or Canada-Finnland and of corse the quaterfinals.

OilerOlli*

GermanGirl said:
Anything can happen with a hot goalie. They have confidence now. I kinda hope they will advance, that way people will realize that good hockey is played in leagues outside of the NHL.

Again, congrats Switzerland and I hope the German hockey federation thinks about looking a bit further into the swiss hockey programm and youth system.

I'm really curious if we'll see any of our NHLers that won't reach the play-offs at the B-WM, I don't think so though.

Sure, you have to give the swiss credit. To beat Canada and the Czechs in an olympic tournament is great, but quarterfinals will be a complete other story. The big nations didn't take the group games that seriously, because the knew that they will reach the Quarterfinals anyway.
I hope some NHLers will be at the B-Tournament, because we're really need them. Kölzig will not come to the tournament probably, he said. I don't know about the others.

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
OilerOlli said:
It's not that difficult to kill penalties against us.

No, but it is against Canada and the Czechs.

Anyways, congrats to the Swiss for making it to the quarterfinals! :handclap:

Safir*

Tritsche said:
Why should we play with 100% against Germany? We have other games and we need our energy for the quaterfinal. That game was boring yes, but that is not our problem. I look forward to the game with a lot skills like Slowakia against Sweden or Canada-Finnland and of corse the quaterfinals.

I think I agree you with. You play with an extra effort versus the big nations to compensate the lack of talent. It's just like in the cup games (soccer) where the underdogs want to pull an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad