GDT: Germany vs. Italy, Feb. 18, 1:00 PM Torino, 7:00 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Kölzig clearly the best German player so far.

PP coming up for Germany in the beginning of the 3rd. They need to score on this.

P.S.: Was Schubert's action against Cajanek worth a penalty shot compared to Lewandowski's breakaway ? Unfortunately they didn't show a replay...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
where is all the italian fans who will be annoying me during the 2006 world cup of soccer?

Force

Jan 26, 2006
I just don't get it.

Germany is by far better than Italy. The level of play in the DEL (and a bit of NHL), where the german players compete is levels about the Italian League.

Something that mighty say something is that the German Players, neither in the NHL players (exept Kölzig but counts as Canadian) nor the DEL players are Stars or Leaders in their Clubs. It seems to me they fit to the role of the underdog that gives his best effort verry well obviously, but are completely stunned when they are asked to put themselves in a position where they have to simply dominate an opponent who is as a matter of fact inferior.

The Germans are a bunch of loosers, and lack winners desperately. I'm particularly disappointed by Kreutzer and Kathan because those two ARE damn good Hockey players, and DEL Stars. Only Sturm and Hecht are "can do" Athletes who are simply "winner type" guys who don't think but just shoot and therefore score.

The Italian Team is a bit of a joke with all the Canadians, is there actually someone from Italy on this team? Nevertheless that team is fighting admirably and they have the home crowd advantage. My argument is structure-based, and the hockey infrastructure in germany should simply produce way better results than this, never mind the NHL at this point. Any 20 german DEL ers should have the way better training and professional circumstances to outperform a selection from the Italian or Austrian league.

:madfire: :rant: :dunno: :p: :cry:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Um, Germany always had problems against the "smaller" nations. Germany's style doesn't work against a defensive-minded team, because they are not used to be the ones who control the game.

I don't see were you got the "no stars" on their team bit from...
Nearly everybody on the team is a core player on his DEL-team and plays in every situation, saying otherwise is flat out wrong.

I agree with the part about Hecht and Sturm being the only winner-guys on the national team, though.

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Sanderson said:
Um, Germany always had problems against the "smaller" nations. Germany's style doesn't work against a defensive-minded team, because they are not used to be the ones who control the game.

I don't see were you got the "no stars" on their team bit from...
Nearly everybody on the team is a core player on his DEL-team and plays in every situation, saying otherwise is flat out wrong.

I agree with the part about Hecht and Sturm being the only winner-guys on the national team, though.

Ingolstadt is on top of the League.
Not one player from Ingolstadt made the National Team...

Which forwards on team GER are Stars? The Stars are Foreigners.

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Gosh i'm so frustrated.

I play hockey myself and this is just not helping my sport.

RangersFan88*

GPF said:
Kreutzer - what a stupid silly boy !!!

there is no worse player then that fat lazy slow moody ******* kreuzer

:madfire:

my grandma skates faster then his fat ****ing ***

the germans look tierd ****iing .... YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS 2-2 LOL :yo: :yo: :bow:

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Yay! Italy is actually leading???
I can't believe how poorly Germany is playing...

Wow... Germany really belongs to the B pool.

Oh, 2-2. :(

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Mr. Penguin said:
Yay! Italy is actually leading???
I can't believe how poorly Germany is playing...

Wow... Germany really belongs to the B pool.

Oh, 2-2. :(

So does Latvia. :madfire:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Force said:
Ingolstadt is on top of the League.
Not one player from Ingolstadt made the National Team...

Which forwards on team GER are Stars? The Stars are Foreigners.

Ingolstadt is one team...

Kreutzer, Kathan, Ustorf, Felski, Barta, Lewandowski, Boos, Martinec and Fical all belong to the best scorers on their team and get lots of icetime, and that's only the offense...
Name one German forward who doesn't play a lot for his DEL-team...

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Sanderson said:
Ingolstadt is one team...

Kreutzer, Kathan, Ustorf, Felski, Barta, Lewandowski, Boos, Martinec and Fical all belong to the best scorers on their team and get lots of icetime, and that's only the offense...
Name one German forward who doesn't play a lot for his DEL-team...

Thats not what i meant.

I meant Star. THE player on the team.

Last year, Stum played for Ingolstad and he was THE Star on the Team, on top of foreigners like Cameron Mann and Naturalized Players like Glenn Godall.

Thats what i meant. Not "pretty good for a german player" but a guy that ROCKS the league.

RangersFan88*

HOW COULD HE NOT SCORE

sw<ifhahebquhebuhqbhqiejb oqejjxergmjgcq FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Force said:
Thats not what i meant.

I meant Star. THE player on the team.

Last year, Stum played for Ingolstad and he was THE Star on the Team, on top of foreigners like Cameron Mann and Naturalized Players like Glenn Godall.

Thats what i meant. Not "pretty good for a german player" but a guy that ROCKS the league.

Of course no German is the lone star of the team, there are countries like Canada, Russia and Czech Republic, remember?

Besides, Sturm wasn't the star of the team, McDonald was his equal and Waite was superb in goal.

It doesn't matter one bit, whether a player is the star of his team, important is how much icetime he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad