Speculation: GDT: Free Agency 2023

ManMountain

Jul 10, 2021
So just a handful of us are having issues with twitter all morning? Insiders seem to be using it just fine..

Reactions: DJA

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It was telling last night to see whoever it was, just come out and say Schenn and ROR are going to market. That means the Leafs are likely out, because we know the money will be out there.

Duchene to Vegas makes a lot of sense. He wants to win, he’s will sign for cheaper (assumed) and they need to fill Smith’s spot.

Think O’Reilly joins Perron in Detroit on a similar deal Perron got last year. As well as either JVR or Killorn, and one of the RH Dmen. Either Klingberg or Clifton. Outside shot at Schenn. Just think they want more on the scoresheet. They have money and will spend it. So agents will be calling them a lot.

Anaheim will be interesting. They probably do a mix of some of these unqualified players and a couple of vets. Mayfield would help them slot with Fowler and the young guys.

Mikkola would be a good fit for the Kings. Not sure the money will be there though. He’s going to get more interest than people think.

Bastian is going to be interesting. Good fit for the Avs maybe?

Brown is going to get more interest than just the Leafs and Oilers. Everything says Oilers though.

Holl and Bunting to the Pens make sense. Think they’ll try Bertuzzi but the Isles are primed for a player like him.

Canucks likley to give Soucy a big deal. He can play both sides too. He’s a great fit there and there’s been some speculation.

This Reaves thing seems destined to happen. Maybe they go with an Austen Watson too.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
What is rate limiting?
It's more self explanatory than you might expect - it's limiting the rate at which someone can access the service of an app. You usually only run into it with like, programming bots and scripts that scrape web data and download stuff in huge volumes, but in an attempt to stop "bots" Twitter has put strict rate limitations on, uh, everyone for the moment

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Very happy we traded a 1st round pick for 20 mid games from Ryan O'Reilly. Then again, seeing how Treliving drafts... not sure we are missing much either way.
It was the right move at the time for the Leafs but it didn't work out for the team and that happens.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Duchene will want too much money, and he wants to fish and listen to country music. VGK only have about 1.5M to spend and I doubt they're dumping anyone else. That falls in line with a cheaper reclaimaition project like maybe Pacioretty returning. Even though he JUST sold his old LV house.
It was telling last night to see whoever it was, just come out and say Schenn and ROR are going to market. That means the Leafs are likely out, because we know the money will be out there.

Duchene to Vegas makes a lot of sense. He wants to win, he’s will sign for cheaper (assumed) and they need to fill Smith’s spot.

Think O’Reilly joins Perron in Detroit on a similar deal Perron got last year. As well as either JVR or Killorn, and one of the RH Dmen. Either Klingberg or Clifton. Outside shot at Schenn. Just think they want more on the scoresheet. They have money and will spend it. So agents will be calling them a lot.

Anaheim will be interesting. They probably do a mix of some of these unqualified players and a couple of vets. Mayfield would help them slot with Fowler and the young guys.

Mikkola would be a good fit for the Kings. Not sure the money will be there though. He’s going to get more interest than people think.

Bastian is going to be interesting. Good fit for the Avs maybe?

Brown is going to get more interest than just the Leafs and Oilers. Everything says Oilers though.

Holl and Bunting to the Pens make sense. Think they’ll try Bertuzzi but the Isles are primed for a player like him.

Canucks likley to give Soucy a big deal. He can play both sides too. He’s a great fit there and there’s been some speculation.

This Reaves thing seems destined to happen. Maybe they go with an Austen Watson too.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
It's more self explanatory than you might expect - it's limiting the rate at which someone can access the service of an app. You usually only run into it with like, programming bots and scripts that scrape web data and download stuff in huge volumes, but in an attempt to stop "bots" Twitter has put strict rate limitations on, uh, everyone for the moment
Ok so when will Twitter be back?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Well that is surprising

Its working fine for me

-- And now its not --

As long as you do not tweet anything you're fine from what I am gathering. I had to go to my 2nd account to view anything because once you tweet or reply to a tweet it seems you get rate limited for 60-90 minutes

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
As long as you do not tweet anything you're fine from what I am gathering. I had to go to my 2nd account to view anything because once you tweet or reply to a tweet it seems you get rate limited for 60-90 minutes
I didn't tweet and cannot load anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad