GDT: Finland-Sweden, 4 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
4-1 Finland with another big game from Rask, It'll be interesting to see if that big line can get going.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
C-J... said:
KInda sucks that both out goalies have Finnish last names, I´ll bet theres some kinda setup going on :lol

Salo has proved over and over again that he will screw us Swedes over every chanse he gets :eek: ...and hes born in Finland :amazed: :D
Tommy Salo is born in Surahammar, Sweden.

Hehe, at least we stole Wiikman back XD

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
We're getting the Cze-Swiss game and the USA-Belarus game, both of which should be blowouts, and not this game? I guess something is better than nothing but this should be a close game.

Finland 3-1 Nokelainen, Joenssu and Korpikoski with the goals, with Soderberg getting the Swedish tally. Sweden' POTG (Player of the Game) = Niklas Grossman. Finland's POTG = Tuuka Rask.

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
I will be pleased if someone can give me an address where is live-scoring? Is there any?

My guess is that Finland wins 3-2

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Sweden-4 Finland-3

Soderberg, Eriksson, Nilsson, Ahsberg

Tukonen(2), Nokelainen

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Finland has uncomfortably much to lose here. The medal streak, finishing ahead of Sweden for who knows how many consecutive years and of course, Sweden's streak outside top four, which sympathies aside and in the spirit of the rivalry I wouldn't mind seeing continue.

On a side note, Mäntymaa has recovered from his injury and will play his first game.

Based on reports and shot counts, I'm guessing Dufva has concentrated too much on defense and neglected building and refining the offensive system. Hence, the individuals must step up.

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
rivercanyon said:
iihf.com sucks. The game started nine minutes ago. Still nothing on iihf.com

The games don't start at exactly the top/bottom of the hour.. its usually 8ish minutes after.

Regardless its 1-0 Sweden

Ahsberg with the goal

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
BAuldie said:
The games don't start at exactly the top/bottom of the hour.. its usually 8ish minutes after.

Regardless its 1-0 Sweden

Ahsberg with the goal

Where do you get your info?!

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
BAuldie said:
TSN had an update during the intermission of the CZE - SUI game.

Darn. I was hoping you were listening to some obscure radio station with a live internet feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad