GDT: Edmonton @ Carolina 6/19 STANLEY CUP FINALS GAME 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes Fan

Jul 31, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Kostolany said:
Does anyone know if Weight is playing tonight?

Posters above seem to think Weight will play.

Go Canes, I hope my heart will take it.

Everyone who prays - say one for tonight. Pray that the Canes will play their best game. If they do I believe they will win.

:canes

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Kostolany said:
Does anyone know if Weight is playing tonight?
We won't find out until the pre-game shows unfortunitely. IF he had a separated shoulder I really wonder how effective he'll be other then as a screen on the powerplay (which he HAS been quite effective at doing this series)

Kalhua

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Well all through the playoffs I've been picking the Canes to win every round and so far so good....Maybe nobody will believe me but I told my friend back in Jan that I thought the Canes would win the Cup.Well the Canes are one win away and even though I'm just enjoying watching great hockey and not really cheering either team...I find myself hoping the Canes pull through and win the Cup.

No matter what should be a good game and be proud of your team....IMO they deserve more respect then they our given and win or lose they have gained mine.

CioCio

May 13, 2006
Greensboro, NC
GO CANES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[IMAGE]http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/06/08/PH2006060800067.jpg[/IMAGE]

jeffbear

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
What I've heard ... Weight will go unless the pain killing shot goes badly. So it's a real gametime decision. I expect he'll simply replace Vasicek in the lineup, which will man Kevyn Adams is his backup should he end up only playing on special teams. I have no problem with that ... K Ads has fresh-ish legs and has always brought the jam to big games ... plus he's better in the faceoff circle than either Weight or Vasicek.

Faceoffs are HUGE in this game. Carolina needs to turn the initial possession situation on it's ear, especially in the defensie zone. Brind'Amour should be encourage to cheat early, often and effectively in the circle.

I dunno guys ... I get the feeling from Edmonton's morning skate they the Oil think they've broken the Canes. That smacks to me of the kind of over-confidence they carried into this series before going home down 0-2. I really don't think Carolina is as sapped as they appeared at times in Game 6 ... especially since the first period went pretty well before the wheels fell off in the second.

I think this one is going to painfully tight and painfully back and forth ... the kind of game where the last goal wins, NOT the first one.

Canes Fan

Jul 31, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I am leaving to go to the Game now:

Go :towel: Canes :cheer: Go :hit: - win one for the small market Southern teams who some think don't deserve a team. :canes

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Canes Fan said:
win one for the small market Southern teams who some think don't deserve a team. :canes

It's only been 2 years since it last happened :D

This is going to be so awsome to watch.

I think Weight is going to play because he is willing to lay it all on the line and he gets all summer to repair his separated shoulder (which is what I believe the injury is)

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Afinogenov61 said:
Weight's not playing.
That doesn't suprise me.. It sucks for him, but separating a shoulder is serious business that could ruin him if he played tonight, even though I know how badly he wants to play for a chance to win his evasive Cup.

WoodGundy

Nov 3, 2003
Halifax
One thing we definitely have going for us is how much better the PP is at home. We all know that each team will at least get a few cracks with the man-advantage.

KreiMeARiver*

Weight will play....I'll almost guarantee it. This is for everything. Jagr played. He has to give it a shot. I'm a Ranger fan, but have been a Doug Weight fan since he was a rookie. This guy is all heart. He'll give it a go.

I pray that he gets a chance to hold the cup that he should have held in 1994.

GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
I am not a fan of either team and am looking forward to watching a great game. I have been an Islander fan since the late 70's and have seen some nail biters but never a game 7 for the Cup...I don't know if I could even watch something that nerve wracking...lol. Good luck fellas, let's keep the Cup south of the border.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I'll get this in since regardless of the who wins, one set of fans will be disappointed and might not be back for the evening....

It was a hell of a series.

GG guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad