OT: [GDT] CanadaWest Women's Hockey Finals: Manitoba vs Saskatchewan

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
DaubLr9.png

Game Preview:

No. 1 Bison women’s hockey team host No. 8 Sask. in Canada West Final best-of-3 playoffs on Mar. 2-4 - The Official Site of University of Manitoba Bisons Athletics

Both teams have locked up Nationals births as a result of making the CW final.

TALE OF THE TAPE:

2017/2018 Matchup History (2-2):

@ssk Oct. 20: 1-0 SSK
@ssk Oct. 21: 3-2 MB

@MB Jan. 12: 3-1 SSK
@MB Jan. 13: 1-0 MB

This matchup should be a great goaltending duel, as Saskatchewan's Goalie was named the best player, and Manitoba's was named the top rookie.

The Bisons were one shot away from losing the series twice, as after losing game 1 of their semi-final series, they won two consecutive overtime games, including a game 3 4OT thriller. Eventually, it was Jordyn Zacharias, on a beautiful feed from the 2018 Finnish Olympic Bronze medalist Venla Hovi that would send the Bisons into this game.

SSK had a much easier time locking up their finals birth, sweeping UBC in consecutive games at home to get to the final.

Everyone should go to these games, they'll be great! but if you can't you can watch live on:

RADIO: https://www.umfm.com/

WEBCAST ($$$): Canada West TV | Live Stream Events

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Sniped the corner but I might have seen some interference there. Not that it would be called at that point.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Sniped the corner but I might have seen some interference there. Not that it would be called at that point.

You can see on the second angle it's a clean goal. SSK complaining, because there you can hear a random whistle as the puck goes in.

Edit: unless you're talking about the Hovi blatant interference to open up the shooting lane. The refs let everything go all night. Would have been surprised to see that one called

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I was talking about the player who passes the puck to Fyten then kinda steers into contact on the defender. In game, not OT, not game defining moment, I could see that being called easily. Don't know if the Bisons have video review or challenges, I'm guessing not. Not commenting on the goal or play down low. Really was a snipe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->