GDT: Canada vs Italy 1PM Torino Time, 7 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear*

shawn_kemp said:
as far as I know they still have ties.

remember the 3rd column with a "T"? well, they still have it! :D

Oh I see. But how about in the medal round?

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
LETS GO CANADA

Been waiting for this since nagano.

Canada - 8

Italy - 1

Ill be up with 4 with the rest of you boys, only problem with these times is that I cant drink while I watch.

Now that would be one sloppy commute and one rough afternoon.

PapaBear*

anyone find a podcast station that will air it? watch it on my ipod.

I want to watch so bad, skip work :biglaugh:

So what time and what channel?

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
4-0 or 5-0 Canada.

Canada has the horses to blow them right out of the arena but I think Italy will play a 5-man trap and just line up at the blueline and hope for a break, similar to the Canada/Germany game at the last olympics.

TheDamned

"Only in Montréal"
Aug 5, 2005
Montréal
7am east... considering i wake up at 7am for college during the week i will have the time to watch the 2 first period while eating my toasts and preparing for school :snide:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Oh, and

4-3
Italy

haha, just kidding

I read the goalie Muzzatti played for Calgary, Hartford, Rangers & San Jose back in the day..
Does anyone know if any of the other Italian players cracked the NHL at any point?

Big Mama*

This is a time for the forwards and defence pairs to build some chemistry. The Score is irrelevant.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
This reminds me of Nagano in 1998, but I think those games were right in the middle of the night. I lived in a university dorm at the time and do remember all 30 of us who lived on that floor waking up in the wee hours to meet in the common lounge to watch the game. It was a "Only in Canada would you see this for hockey" moment. We even had the foresight to put the beer in the fridge before we went to bed so it would be cold come game time. Those were some fun parties. Afterwards, I also remember heading back to bed and sleeping through my first couple classes trying to shake off a hangover.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Bergeron47 said:
I think it's scheduled for 3:30 AM here in Edmonton

It's 1 PM in Turin. It's 5 AM here. There's an 8 hour difference.

Has anyone found somebody airing the game? Usually FAN590 covered the World Cup and World Championships and World Jrs, but since CBC has the exclusive broadcast rights to the Olympic games, I'm not sure if the FAN can broadcast it.

I checked out the CBC radio site, and it's not looking good for those that can't watch it

High flyin' Habs*

Lucky me since I just moved to Montreal I dont start school till the 22nd. :yo:

BTW, anyone know when and at what time is the gold medal game?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Got my mid-terms and projects done before the reading week (next week) so I can get up at 7am and miss my classes tomorrow :)

PapaBear*

5AM is a piece of cake for me, glad to be able to watch the first 2 periods at least.

I wake up 3:20am every morning. :bow:

mymkovski

Aug 16, 2004
4am...bright and early...damn Reading week trip to Vancouver from Winnipeg cost me 2 hours of sleep!

Canada will win 8-0. Smyth and Bertuzzi with 2 goals a peice :)

Big Mama*

EazyB97 said:
Got my mid-terms and projects done before the reading week (next week) so I can get up at 7am and miss my classes tomorrow :)

I recommend going to all your classes. For each hour of class missed it will take 2-3 hours to catch up. Just record the game to your hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->