GDT: Bettman's 1PM EST Press Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Juni said:
I hope they realise from now on the deals just get worse.

Deal? The NHL won't recover from this. Baseball barely did and that's the national pastime in the US. There will probably just be a new league with teams based in Canada and the northern US, which IMO is the way it should be.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The season is cancelled. Bettman says the last and final offer is now off the table and any new offer will be adjusted for future revenues. He also indicated there will be a season next year.

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC
I just hope all you pro owner people realize that the NHLPA gave in to every demand the NHL asked for.

The NHL just cancelled the season and showed they meant it with "The hockey doesn't matter"

This was not about getting a deal done, it was about getting another latchkey for the owners as the head of the NHLPA. They went out to bust the union, I'm hoping the players now tell the NHL where to go and remove their offer of a hard cap and hell cancel next season too.

Cancel the whole goddamned league all I care.

The NHL is the joke of professional sports

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Deal? The NHL won't recover from this. Baseball barely did and that's the national pastime in the US. There will probably just be a new league with teams based in Canada and the northern US, which IMO is the way it should be.

i wouldn't be surprised. the NHL as we know it is pretty much gone with a lost season.

He also indicated there will be a season next year.

he has no way to ensure that will happen, if he said that he's plain talking out of his ass

Crows*

I am so incredibly furious right now I am at a loss for words or emotion at all.

I have every single emotion goinginside me right now I don't know what to do.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
Game_Misconduct said:
Goodenow is an idiot but, in the end, it was up to Bettman and Co. to decide whether or not to cancel the season and they chose to cancel over a few million dollars after getting 99 percent of what they said they wanted to begin with.

You cannot dismiss that you're talking about "a few million dollars" times thirty teams. Since we're talking about the Union as a whole, you have to talk about the League as a whole. And for what it's worth, the League was getting 50% of what they wanted from the getgo in regards to a cap. As far as I've heard, everything else was based on the Players 12/9 proposal.

Mr.Brownov*

Did I hear correctly??Did Bettman say that we will have a season for 2005/2006???

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Those of you that are saying this is Bettman's fault, hope you're never in a union/management dispute at your job and your representative sticks to his guns as much as Bettman did.

bhawk24bob

Jan 25, 2005
NataSatan666 said:
I just hope all you pro owner people realize that the NHLPA gave in to every demand the NHL asked for.

The NHL just cancelled the season and showed they meant it with "The hockey doesn't matter"

This was not about getting a deal done, it was about getting another latchkey for the owners as the head of the NHLPA. They went out to bust the union, I'm hoping the players now tell the NHL where to go and remove their offer of a hard cap and hell cancel next season too.

Cancel the whole goddamned league all I care.

The NHL is the joke of professional sports

i couldnt have said it better myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->