GDT: Bettman's 1PM EST Press Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
they have to make it seem like they're kissing the fans asses and make them think they really give a damn about us first :shakehead

Crows*

Thanks idiot.

You've ruined hockey for a long time.

I will never forgive you for this ever.

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
Over. 'I have no choice but to announce the formal canellation of play in 2004-05.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Understandable to cancel the season if they were still miles apart.

Unforgiveable to cancel the season when they agree to a cap and are only a couple millions dollars a season apart.

For shame, the whole lot of you.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
what a joke and an insult

if the NHL and NHLPA owed anything to the fans, it was to keep working on this until the last minute to get a deal done. instead they screwed off and played games.

this is just spitting in the faces of all the NHL fans out there. it makes me hope the NHL flounders and fails

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I have completely screwed up this league during my 10 years as Commissioner and so we won't play at all this year. And yet I still get paid millions of dollars.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
They are making a big big mistake.

The NHL is going to be even more of a niche sport in the U.S. than it has been. It is going to go complete off the radar screen of the average sports fan in the U.S.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Well, until these players are weeded out of the NHL, I am going to continue getting my hockey fix elsewhere.

Both sides have been disgraceful in the manner this was done, but I dare say, the owners said "cap" and meant "cap". They at least didn't change their stance.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

No respect for the game.

No appreciation for the fans.

They deserve even worse.

The NHL will go from irrelevant to non-existent in the U.S. I, for one, will not attend another game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad