Not open for further replies.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
IcemanTBI said:
I like this idea.

Thanks, just a basic idea. You probably don't have to give the losers in the quarterfinals that 1 in 98 chance, and you can change the numbers around but I think giving all the teams that don't make the playoffs an equal chance while at the same time giving some teams who make the playoffs a smaller chance would prevent teams from tanking it.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
Thank god for granting me a school snow day today, since I would of sat there wondering what was being talked about on this board. Wow..thats sad :amazed:

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
slats432 said:
I bet Gary only paid for 53% of the pizza bill.
:lol

slats432 said:
What better way to celebrate a new CBA than to eat pizza and drink beer. They probably have the signed CBA in the briefcase and they are sitting back laughing at all the rumours and speculation being bantered about..or aboot.

or collectively updating the Eklund blog...

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
amazingcrwns said:
easy enough to do, if you don't make the playoffs you get 5 shots at winning the 1st pick, if you lose in the 1st rd you get 3 shots at the 1st pick, if you lose in the 2nd rd you get 1 shots at winning the first pick

With this setup every team that didn't make the playoffs would get a 5 in 98 chance of winning the 1st overall pick

That means there is a better than 70% chance that the first overall pick would go to a team that didn't make the playoffs and less than a 5% chance that it would go to a team that won the first round of the playoffs. If the team made it to the semi-finals they wouldn't have a chance at the first rd pick.

This way finishing 9th in the conference or 15th you'd have the same chance at winning the first overall pick, That chance would also be just over a 5% chance.
good idea, though I dont like the idea of any team that makes the finals having any chance of getting the first pick overall.

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
alexmorrison said:
A 28 game season would be perfect. I mean it was right around the 25 game mark that Toronto went on the 16 game point streak last year. Plays right into the hands of the old men on the Leafs. :handclap:
Except the fact that they will be playing more intensive games every other day leaving them (especially Eddie) prone to injuries.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Never mind the bill, it'll get cold while they argue about how to split it up.

"I think a slice with 3 pepperonis and 4 pieces of green pepper is worth more than a slice with onions and olives".

"Ok, how about if we move all the olives to pizza #4, and take the extra cheese from #2 and put it on #5?"

"This is just window-dressing. Come back to us when you're interested in a lunch partnership."

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Ok thanks guys, I just hadn't heard if they were meeting right now or not.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Enough with the stupid pizza and other crap talk!! Stick on the topic. If I wanted to read mumbo jumbo about stuff I don't care about, then I'd go to work.

So please, ENUFF............. :banghead:

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
hossy316 said:
Enough with the stupid pizza and other crap talk!! Stick on the topic. If I wanted to read mumbo jumbo about stuff I don't care about, then I'd go to work.

Not much to talk about then. :p:

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
hossy316 said:

AGREE :shakehead

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
hossy316 said:

You're a real "pizza" work. :D

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
hossy316 said:

We all care deeply what you want to read, I'm sure.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
hossy316 said:

hossy, I think if you don't wanna read about the bull **** then you better not check this thread again until 6 or so. This is pretty typical conversation on days the two sides meet until the meetings are over, ya get pretty used to it, but I agree it would be nice to not have to sift through 100+ posts about who ordered what kind of pizza, or what everyone is drinking.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
19nazzy said:
Not much to talk about then. :p:

3/4's of a thread are corny attempts at being funny, its annoying as hell.

every thread about the the talks has contained at least 6 pages of "nah, they are just arguing about food"

it stopped being funny, well no it just was never funny.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
X8oD said:
3/4's of a thread are corny attempts at being funny, its annoying as hell.

every thread about the the talks has contained at least 6 pages of "nah, they are just arguing about food"

it stopped being funny, well no it just was never funny.
Once something breaks then it'll turn to that. Just for now, with no news or anything it'll be like this probably.
But once something breaks you know it'll be all over the place.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
19nazzy said:
So are they meeting right now or what?
Anyone know anything?

The 20/20 update is about to come on @ 2pm...

The feed is choppy... tells you just how many ppl are listening to it.

Again, if anyone needs the direct url link for the Fan590, pop this into your Windows media player

http://www.jr-digital.com/asx/cjcl.asx

Will update when I hear something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad