GDT: 2/19/05 meeting - news only, no commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

Tsn just did a report from NY live.

And Farhan Lalji just noted the new 'offer" with cosmetic changes to it from the last 42.5 from the league on tuesday.

They also noted word of "ladder" system for the cap. Which would move the cap up every year about 500 k in the end stopping at 45 million in the last year of the deal.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Crows said:
Tsn just did a report from NY live.

And Farhan Lalji just noted the new 'offer" with cosmetic changes to it from the last 42.5 from the league on tuesday.

They also noted word of "ladder" system for the cap. Which would move the cap up every year about 500 k in the end stopping at 45 million in the last year of the deal.

He also said that Bettman was sent back to the league offices after a breakfast meeting with Daly and some ownership groups. Bettman is not part of the talks.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
deathbear said:
they wouldn't schedule a conference if they WEREN'T uncancelling, correct?

Yeah, I think if they schedule a PC, then you can pretty much bet that they are "un-cancelling" the season, and announcing a season start date, and that a deal in principle has been reached.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Sportsnet reports (heard this on the Fan590):

"UPDATE: Sportsnet has learned overseas players Miikka Kiprusoff (Timra) and Aki Berg (Timra) were pulled from their league games Saturday to avoid injury. Fellow NHLer David Aebischer (Lugano) has reportedly packed up his belongings and is awaiting word from the meetings in New York City. Sodertalje, a team which employs numerous pro players, including Scott Thronton, Kyle Calder and Niclas Havelid, have reportedly voted 100 per cent to return to the NHL."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050218_170817_1040

Crows*

Watching Global news here in Vancouver.

Jay janour was just on the phone with a "high profile" agent and the agent said "jay right now I don't see how they can't come out with a deal this time"

ANd the agent also said that training camps would likely start on wednesday or friday.. that period of time.

Mats

Jul 27, 2003
Visit site
Fan 590 has now twice mentioned 6:00 PM. Howard Berger in NY where they're setting up for a press conference.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
3:20 FAN590 20/20 Update.

Howard Berger has learned that a Press Conference is in the works, and is believed to be scheduled for 6pm EST.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
ESPN News is reporting a deal is imminent...or their ticker is.

Wow, this is going to happen isn't it?

babybruin

Oct 28, 2003
vancouver
ya i read the sportsnet headline too. the headline says "no progress" (ps i hate those two words :P), but reading the article it really says "we just dont know anything"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->