GDT: 11/17 -RE/MAX: Russia vs. Canada(OHL) series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
russiacanada.jpg

The Puck drops at 7:00 PM(ET) and the game will be televised nationally in Canada, on Rogers Sportsnet.

Lets hear your prediction for tonight, game thoughts and which prospects really stepped up and played well/you expect to step up and play well.

The Rosters are as follows:
TEAM RUSSIA
TEAM CANADA(OHL)

I think team OHL will try to be physical with the Russians who do not have a single player listed at 200Ilbs. Another factor that may come in to play is the smaller ice surface, the Russians will have to make decisions much quicker than they are used to.
While the Russians did have some serious travel, keep in mind the majority of the OHLer's played yesterday,(some had a full weekend of action) so hopefully fatigue won't play a factor and we get some high quality hockey. Lots of prospects for us to keep our eyes on, so here's to a good one!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
OHL should win it. Hopefully Locke has a big game. There's a couple '04 prospects on defense for Team Russia I'd keep an eye on for any draft junkies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Apart from a couple players, the Russian team is nothing but a bunch of scrubs.

Barulin will keep it semi-close though.

5-1 OHL

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
nice to see a few predators prospects in the lineup for both teams, sidikov in goal for russia, jarrett and klein for the OHL. Jarrett is emerging as a top notch playmaker, and last i read, was in the top five in scoring in the OHL this year, due to all of his assists.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
It's too bad we're not going to see Russia's best though..... :(

My guess is that the OHL takes tonight's game 6-2.

Andre Benoit was injured in the first period of yesterday's game with London (21 stitches above his eyebrow - he didn't return to the game) - hopefully he'll be playing tonight.

It'll be a good preview of the Canadian WJC team - Ontario representatives.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Zine said:
Apart from a couple players, the Russian team is nothing but a bunch of scrubs.

Barulin will keep it semi-close though.

5-1 OHL
Do you really think the Russian team is that bad?......I know the Russians don't have a lot of their big names, but keep in mind Canada will only have Approximately 1/3 of their actuall WJC lineup.(Maybe less if a lot of NHLer's are made available)
Guess we will find out soon enough.......

Watch for Jeremy Swanson tonight(Panthers 6th rounder '02), this guy is probably the most underrated player in the OHL, he is always matched up against the oppositions best players and is very dependable.....rarely ever makes a poor play. Swanson is also a physical presence, isn't the biggest defenceman out there, but plays as rugged as most big guys.

I wonder if Munce will be in net, or if Canada will save him for the game in Sarnia.(Where he currently plays) Any word?

IceMelter

Feb 23, 2003
The Wack
Its hard being a hockey fan in USA, not getting fed hockey information.

I didn't even have centre ice when I lived down there, talk about painful.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Is Alexander Nikulin the same Nikulin that the Thrashers picked in the 2nd round? I seem to recall he was supposed to be *real* good once upon a time. I thought he was a defenseman..

Jeff Carter just got a hudge cheer - he's my favorite player in this game.

Stewart, another '03 1st rounder playing. Mike Richards too, boo-ya.

Watch out for Wojtech Wolski...

This is my first look at Paille in a long while too, my favorite Sabres prospect.

Another guy to watch out for is David Liffton. Avs pick I think. Haven't seen Corey Perry play in a while either.

And obviously, Corey Locke.

The game is just starting here on SportsNet at 4:15 PM PST.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Mizral said:
Is Alexander Nikulin the same Nikulin that the Thrashers picked in the 2nd round? I seem to recall he was supposed to be *real* good once upon a time. I thought he was a defenseman..

Jeff Carter just got a hudge cheer - he's my favorite player in this game.

Stewart, another '03 1st rounder playing. Mike Richards too, boo-ya.

Watch out for Wojtech Wolski...

This is my first look at Paille in a long while too, my favorite Sabres prospect.

Another guy to watch out for is David Liffton. Avs pick I think. Haven't seen Corey Perry play in a while either.

And obviously, Corey Locke.

The game is just starting here on SportsNet at 4:15 PM PST.

Atlanta seleced Ilyja NIkulin....in the second round.

Why did Vyaschelev Papkov get a standing ovation...well not a standing O, but a big cheer?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If someone could give a brief summary of Carcillo and Bissonnette, that would be great. Mmmkay.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
This doesnt even look like a game... the Canadians are all over them. This must be a pretty weak Russian team.

I thought this was supposed to be some sort of allstar-y type of thing... guess not judging from the hitting.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Agreed, the Russians should be embarassed, sending their B-squad here.

There are tons of other, better RSL youngsters that ought to be in this game. Alexander Ovechkin, for instance ;)

I guess they only took the junk, though, since the RSL teams didn't stop their season. Just the best out of the RUL.

Shappa

Oct 11, 2002
It's looking like it's gonna be a looooong trip for the Russians, too bad we're not getting to see what they really have to offer cause the CHL is throwing everything at them.

Starting to wonder if it's worth the 18 bucks to see this game in Calgary, espeically if it turns into a 6 game romp by the Canadians..... then again we're only one period into it, but 4-0... Ouch.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
who scored ?

Campoli, Brent, Eager and Richards

This is a weak team the Russians have brought over, even their goalie is terrible and he was supposed to be a strength........Eseev and Shinin look like decent players for Russia though.
Hopefully Canada lets up a little with the hitting or these Russsians could get hurt....all of them.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
who scored ?

By my count,

Eager, Richards, Grant, and Ci.. er.. that C-name defenseman. Never heard of him.

Richards has been real good. I thought he's had a couple good scoring chances.

Most of the Russians have been crap, but they have some big hitters back there. But I like Evseev the most (Bruins prospect). Barulin is better than this too, but his team in front of him is just a joke.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Mizral said:
By my count,

Eager, Richards, Grant, and Ci.. er.. that C-name defenseman. Never heard of him.

Richards has been real good. I thought he's had a couple good scoring chances.

Most of the Russians have been crap, but they have some big hitters back there. But I like Evseev the most (Bruins prospect). Barulin is better than this too, but his team in front of him is just a joke.

Eager hits everything he sees. Love his play so far! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad