Gatineau beats Rimouski 8-6 in OT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Vlad The Impaler said:
It's getting a bit better but it's going to be a slow process. I blame these three things:

-coaching
-lack of recognition by the local media of the defensive aspects of the game
-lack of D role models
I agree. Kids from Quebec look up to Goalies and Mario. The only real dman they can look up to is Bourque, but he played in the States his whole carrer.

The defensive coaches are coming into the Q. The obstruction is creeping in and I hope to god it doesnt turn into the NHL.

Dr. Chimera: The game was exciting though. From a fans prespective it would be better to watch an 8-6 game than a 2-1 game. If the NHL was more like the Q, the rinks would be full.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dr_Chimera said:
Excellent - he makes Roussin look much better than he is (Roussin didn't really stand out to me despite the points).
One of the quickest, most instinctive youngsters I've ever seen. His change of pace is unparalleled in the CHL.

IE: Roussin is a leech :)

Dr_Chimera*

La-La-Laprise said:
I
Dr. Chimera: The game was exciting though. From a fans prespective it would be better to watch an 8-6 game than a 2-1 game. If the NHL was more like the Q, the rinks would be full.

I was at the game with a friend and, ironically, she said the exact same thing.
I don't disagree, but my eye is not like a fan's - I watch for players, not results and when Martin Vagner stinks it up, I take notice.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dr_Chimera said:
I was at the game with a friend and, ironically, she said the exact same thing.
I don't disagree, but my eye is not like a fan's - I watch for players, not results and when Martin Vagner stinks it up, I take notice.

Oh god, dont get me started on Vagner. The guy has been brutal since he was 17. I couldnt understand what the fuss was about. Everyone calls him a complete player, i call him a complete piece of garbage.

No offense to him as a person, but he stinks.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Dr_Chimera said:
I don't use them as an example. All in all, the Q has cringe-worthy defense, with individual exceptions.
Sersen is ok.

The Q defence may be bad, but I don't think they are that much worse than the other leagues, but I would agree they are no where near the WHL in overall defence.

The amazing thing about Crosby is that, yes, he's only 16, but if you look at the points race, you see the next closest rival(other than Roussin and we know why he is where he is) is roughly 30 points behind Crosby. As well, all the other players have played up to 10 games more than Crosby.

Now the question is; Is Crosby that much better than the rest of the league and the D may be that bad or without Crosby the league looks average with either Roussin or Hennessy leading the league in points and suddenly the Q D looks OK, but no where close to 2 points a game.

tylerr

Oct 5, 2003
Alberta
Visit site
so for those of you who watch rimouski regularly, how is pouliot? i haven't heard much about him but do you think he could be a solid 2nd line center? or what ? thanks

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:
No doubt Roussin is a good player. But is he really that good? If you believe he is than i am not sure what to say.

Is he really how good?
I said he was a bargain in the 7th round. In spite of it being a really good draft year I think he would go at least in the 3rd and probably late second if it was done again.I don't think he'll keep scoring a hat trick a night but he could be top 10 in Q scoring even without Sid. He's not Poukiot, but Pouliot is not Pouliot lately.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Crosbyfan said:
Is he really how good?
I said he was a bargain in the 7th round. In spite of it being a really good draft year I think he would go at least in the 3rd and probably late second if it was done again.I don't think he'll keep scoring a hat trick a night but he could be top 10 in Q scoring even without Sid. He's not Poukiot, but Pouliot is not Pouliot lately.

Well yeah he was a great late round pick. But lets face it. Hed only be a point per game (which isnt bad) without Crosby.

Would you say Roussin is better than Steve Bernier? Because Roussin this year has almost as many goals as Bernier has points.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:
Well yeah he was a great late round pick. But lets face it. Hed only be a point per game (which isnt bad) without Crosby.

Would you say Roussin is better than Steve Bernier? Because Roussin this year has almost as many goals as Bernier has points.

I would say they are very comparable players but give Bernier the "edge".

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:
The "edge"? Thats it?

They play 2 different styles. How are they comparable?

Sorry but I think their styles are comparable just that, from what little I've seen of him, Bernier plays with more of an "edge" (physically) IMO. I see Roussin as a good two way player with a scoring touch and Bernier as an excellent two way player, possibly the best in the Q. My point, for what it's worth, is that Roussin is a pretty good hockey player and deserves to be top 10 in scoring.

sonnytheman

Apr 9, 2002
Ithaca, Mtl
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Oh god, dont get me started on Vagner. The guy has been brutal since he was 17. I couldnt understand what the fuss was about. Everyone calls him a complete player, i call him a complete piece of garbage.

No offense to him as a person, but he stinks.

wasn't he a first rounder? Dallas, I think. Is it his hockey sense or his skillset? Sorry to take this thread away from Crosby/Roussin, but I'm interested.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
sonnytheman said:
wasn't he a first rounder? Dallas, I think. Is it his hockey sense or his skillset? Sorry to take this thread away from Crosby/Roussin, but I'm interested.

Yeah Dallas 26th overall 2002 i think.

He has decent skills, i just never thought he was high end. He has good size and great skater, but i dont even think he has a shot at NHL.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I don't know, I REALLY do NOT find the QMJHL games very exciting hockey at all.

I get sort of annoyed with the horrendous defence that happens during the game. I mean, maybe its good to see lots of goals, but its quite simply bad hockey when the defenceman turn the puck over 4-5 times each in a game.

I was at a game in Halifax vs the Titans during my Christmas break where the Mooseheads nearly blew a 6 or 7 to 1 lead and held on to win 8-7 or 7-6 (can't remmeber which) and it was just frustrating. They got up and stopped caring, and their forwards decided to never leave te offensive zone and the defence, well, sometimes it looked like they'd rather be on the bench.

It just aggravated me, that's all.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
You can find that in almost any league though

I mean, earlier this year, a few weeks ago, the Prince George Cougars were losing....to...Tri Cities maybe....can't remember for sure, could've been Portland...ANYWAYS, they were losing I believe 6-1 or 7-1, and came back from that and the final was 7-6....So it can, and does happen in all the leagues.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mountie said:
I don't know, I REALLY do NOT find the QMJHL games very exciting hockey at all.

I get sort of annoyed with the horrendous defence that happens during the game. I mean, maybe its good to see lots of goals, but its quite simply bad hockey when the defenceman turn the puck over 4-5 times each in a game.

I was at a game in Halifax vs the Titans during my Christmas break where the Mooseheads nearly blew a 6 or 7 to 1 lead and held on to win 8-7 or 7-6 (can't remmeber which) and it was just frustrating. They got up and stopped caring, and their forwards decided to never leave te offensive zone and the defence, well, sometimes it looked like they'd rather be on the bench.

It just aggravated me, that's all.

You were watching the 14th and 16th overall teams in a 16 team league.

Bathurst has 3 16 year old rookie dmen. Their average age on D is 17!!!

Halifax has 4 rookies on D.

In total, between both teams 40 players, 27 were rookies.

What exactly did you expect to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad