News Article: Gary brooks and banner in rafters at bridgestone

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I get both sides but it seems a little forced. The flood was over 7 years ago and although some were tragically affected, it doesn't represent anything to the level of something like a destructive hurricane or an attack of some kind. I'm sure I'll never notice anyway.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah, it does seem a little...belated. But beyond that I think that it can be raised to the same level as the player banners. Those recognize player/team contributions to charitable endeavors and can be expanded to include non players if they're still arena related. Doesn't need to go next to the WCC banner, though. That should be kept separate, like it is now.

Good ole Gary Brooks.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, it does seem a little...belated. But beyond that I think that it can be raised to the same level as the player banners. Those recognize player/team contributions to charitable endeavors and can be expanded to include non players if they're still arena related. Doesn't need to go next to the WCC banner, though. That should be kept separate, like it is now.

Good ole Gary Brooks.
It's so separate that you can't see it from over half the arena. They stuck it behind the Canadian flag almost like they wanted to hide it.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I get the timing of it, since it's his "return" to Bridgestone. I really don't even have a problem with it, it was a pretty dang historic event and run of benefit shows, just keep it on it's own as others have said.

Also, thank you to autocorrect for giving us the newest country star, Gary Brooks!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It's so separate that you can't see it from over half the arena. They stuck it behind the Canadian flag almost like they wanted to hide it.
True enough. I sit really close to it and it looks so small up there. Looked a lot bigger when they were raising it--do you think maybe it's a different one? It'll look really cool when we have a dozen more up there.

We should ask Fence Gill what he thinks about it.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Good ole Gary.

And you're right about the championship banner. I can only see the Canadian flag from my section.

Think they'll move it once the new 7th Man banner goes up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad