Garth Snow's Best Move......

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Garth Snow should be credited with not dealing for this overrated cancerous player

Matt Duchene

Ottawa was one win away from the Cup and in playoff position when they dealt for this player, and now they are sunk and that -34 I was talking about last year is projecting at -50 this year and 4 points in 17 games, is very Ross Johnston like....

Garth would have had to deal Barzal to get this piece of garbage, we would have been set back years... I know I got ripped, eviscerated, and bashed for killing this guy, but I am glad I am right for a change LOL

Reactions: Costigan77

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't think there was any evidence that Snow would deal Barzal for Duchene.

BC I think Garth's best move was to trade Ville Pokka, Anders Nilsson and TJ Brennan for Nick Leddy.

For the teams I root for (a pathetic bunch), this is only topped by David Cone for Ed Hearn.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

BC I think Garth's best move was to trade Ville Pokka, Anders Nilsson and TJ Brennan for Nick Leddy.

For the teams I root for (a pathetic bunch), this is only topped by David Cone for Ed Hearn.

Hard to argue with the Leddy trade. But the Boychuk trade and subsequent long-term signing meant a lot in terms of how the franchise was viewed around the league by other potential free agents.

Oh and R.A. Dickey for Travis D'Arnaud and a sweetener pitcher named Noah Syndergaard was pretty good too.

Reactions: bigtim1988

scott99

May 13, 2005
His best moves

1) The Leddy trade
2) The Barzal trade
3) Not trading Barzal for Duchene

Of course, drafting Tavares, but that was a given.

Reactions: bigtim1988

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm still not convinced that Duchene wouldn't have had success here. Love that he didn't give up Barzal for him though. I went back and forth about whether or not I'd do it. The ask for Duchene was just too damn large at the time.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

I feel bad because Ed Hearn had cancer and could not play again... he was decent,

I think Snow's best move is the Reinhart trade, and started this thread because I got pounded on worse than Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction and Ned Beatty in Deliverance combined for crusading against Duchene as overrated beyond reason.

Mets have 7 awesome trades and probably more bad trades

1. Keith Hernandez for Rick Ownbey and Neil Allen
2. Ron Darling and Walt Terrell for Lee Mazzilli
3. Walt Terrell for Howard Johnson
4. Sid Fernandez for Bob Bailor and Carlos Diaz
5. John Olerud for Robert Person
6. David Cone for Ed Hearn
7. Travis D'arnaud and Noah Syndergaard for RA Dickey

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I'm still not convinced that Duchene wouldn't have had success here. Love that he didn't give up Barzal for him though. I went back and forth about whether or not I'd do it. The ask for Duchene was just too damn large at the time.

I watched him a lot in the prior 2 seasons (DraftK....) and when you are rooting for a player on a team you really watch them... he was in decline...

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I feel bad because Ed Hearn had cancer and could not play again... he was decent,

I think Snow's best move is the Reinhart trade, and started this thread because I got pounded on worse than Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction and Ned Beatty in Deliverance combined for crusading against Duchene as overrated beyond reason.

Mets have 7 awesome trades and probably more bad trades

1. Keith Hernandez for Rick Ownbey and Neil Allen
2. Ron Darling and Walt Terrell for Lee Mazzilli
3. Walt Terrell for Howard Johnson
4. Sid Fernandez for Bob Bailor and Carlos Diaz
5. John Olerud for Robert Person
6. David Cone for Ed Hearn
7. Travis D'arnaud and Noah Syndergaard for RA Dickey

Also, Mike Piazza for Preston Wilson Wilson and other junk, though f you count salary dump trades the list gets kinda nuts I guess.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Best: Reinhart for a 1st rounder and Beau.

Worst: Vanek. Luckily it didn't cost much, but nevertheless it was a bad trade. It could have turned out much worse in a better draft.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise

Agreed. I was a proponent of bringing him on because I thought he'd be a good fit. I don't have a problem admitting I was wrong if he continues to be a poor performer. But, calling him cancerous and pinning Ottawa's struggles on him is silly. The trade causing the problems for Ottawa is different than the player causing the problems.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Best: Reinhart for a 1st rounder and Beau.

Worst: Vanek. Luckily it didn't cost much, but nevertheless it was a bad trade. It could have turned out much worse in a better draft.

He did a good job at covering up a goof...but turning a 4th overall pick into a later 1st and a middle 6 forward isn't a great move by any stretch of the imagination.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
He did a good job at covering up a goof...but turning a 4th overall pick into a later 1st and a middle 6 forward isn't a great move by any stretch of the imagination.
It was not a 4th overall pick anymore, it was a bust. And Snow somehow managed to turn that bust into another 1st rounder+.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
could you imagine he actually traded for duchene and were like 13-13-4 right now. it would be miserable considering had we of made that trade our expectations would sky-rocketed. we stayed put and may have found one of the best young Centers in hockey and are in 2nd place. been a fun year so far.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I think the Leddy deal was superb, had no idea he would be this good. Drafting Tavares was also a brilliant move ;)

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Leddy trade, Reinhart trade both good moves
The sad part of this thread is that we all can agree so quickly on Snow's best moves. After all these years you think it would be more of a debate.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Leddy trade, Reinhart trade both good moves
The sad part of this thread is that we all can agree so quickly on Snow's best moves. After all these years you think it would be more of a debate.

Also funny these moves came after the Wang departure (mostly departed). Coincidence, I think not.

Reactions: Svengoolie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad