Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Hathaway
Hamilton - Lazar - Brouwer

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Awesome to the max

Now all they need to do is either waive Stajan or send down F.Hamilton and recall Mangiapane

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I've been Hathawayting all my life for this.

giphy.gif

Reactions: InfinityIggy

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It would be nice to get Mangiapane, Jankowski and Hathaway on a line. Maybe even our 3rd line. Have Bennett play 4th line for a little.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nice. Maybe he'll inject some energy into the bloated, lifeless sack of potatoes that are currently calling themselves the bottom 6 of the Calgary Flames.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Does this mean Versteeg is off the PP longterm?? Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
little early to celebrate there, i didnt like versteeg there but at least the pp was working, it was so atrocious last night with brouwer at the point ( idk if he was there the whole game, only watched the 3rd bad but it left such a bad taste in my mouth) if versteeg gets replaced by stone or hamilton then im all for it, blah if its brouwer

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
little early to celebrate there, i didnt like versteeg there but at least the pp was working, it was so atrocious last night with brouwer at the point ( idk if he was there the whole game, only watched the 3rd bad but it left such a bad taste in my mouth) if versteeg gets replaced by stone or hamilton then im all for it, blah if its brouwer
Janko was tried there at one point too. THe natural answer IMO is Michael Stone. He has a bomb and is a RH shot.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Good for Hath.

I still don't think Mangiapane is NHL ready. Let him have his full monster season down in Stockton, then next season give him that legitimate shot in training camp when there's going to be more open spots. He's probably becoming a decent leader on that Heat team, let him just be one of the guys there this year.

I'd bring up Klimchuk first, he's a solid hand that isn't too flashy, and has been really working these last few years to improve his complete two way game.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Janko was tried there at one point too. THe natural answer IMO is Michael Stone. He has a bomb and is a RH shot.
completely agree, idk why we have hes level of shot and refused to utilize it, the top pp could really use a threat on the point to draw defenders in

Tical

Jul 1, 2013
Straight up! He creates so many rebounds, and the great scrambles that come with them. His shot is rarely smothered when there is traffic in front. He would be perfect on the PP

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How has he played since his call up?

Fine. 4th line grinder who hits and can agitate.

More or less the prototype ‘I’m too good for the AHL but don’t have the NHL skill set’.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Fine. 4th line grinder who hits and can agitate.

More or less the prototype ‘I’m too good for the AHL but don’t have the NHL skill set’.
This is his first season where he has really shown he can he a key offensive contributor in the AHL and has been on pace to shatter his career highs. It was unlikely he would break out in the NHL the same year as the AHL, so I'm not ready to write him off as just a grinder in the NHL.

He's a classic late bloomer, undrafted, his late birthday had him start university when he was almost 19, he never really grew much offensively as a college player (1 point difference between his freshman and senior seasons w/ his junior year being just 5 points better and still significantly under a point per game), he went pro on a ATO and basically earned his AHL contract by getting his face rearranged by Wade Brookbank when he jumped to the defense of a teammate (I think it was Kulak, but that memory is hazy) that Brookbank hit with a dirty elbow. He then went to earn an NHL contract and has shown pretty significant offensive improvement in each professional season.

Could have he reached his plateau? Absolutely, but until he has a professional season without significant offensive improvement, I am not willing to write him off just yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->