Gardiner vs Hanifin

Who's the better defencemen?

• Gardiner

• Hanifin

Results are only viewable after voting.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Gardiner at his best is amazing and wins this poll. But he's inconsistent and often makes bone-head plays.He'll go from looking like a top 2 to a #5.

I'll take Hanifin

Reactions: Kelly

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Gardiner right now is the better player, but if Hanifin can get some consistency and elevate his game slightly it could be him

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Hanifin obviously is younger and has the upside...that being said he was a stud in the first half of the season but fell off a cliff in the 2nd. Hard not to take the 50pt guy here in a "right now" kinda poll

member 147413

I mean Hanifin is NOT any better than average defensively and Gardiner scored 50 points playing harder competition.
Hanifin plays on a small market team though, that makes him real gudder.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Hanifin has lots of potential, but I really don't see how he's better today. Both have their inconsistencies but Gardiner has the higher top end currently.

Agreed. Going forward it's obviously Hanifin, but I really don't see what more Hanifin brings to the game TODAY that makes up for the 20 point gap in points between them.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I have to go with Hanifin. Gardiner can be very good at times, but Hanifin's potential is much more, and Gardiner's brain cramps make me want to murder him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->