Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Booted up Metal Gear Solid V yesterday. Had been about two years.

I had forgotten how good this game is. Really, really good.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
PC - Fortnite, Csgo, been playing a wow private server (WOTLK) casually and it's been fun, stardew valley

PS4 - Fortnite if my brother wants to play, and just best Horizon DLC.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Finally figured out why sorcery builds are not popular in DS3 once I got to Cursed greatwood. Its almost impossible to damage it using spells.

Very poor design imo.

For those considering DS3 start as a knight class and level Strength, dexterity, vigor and stamina. Thats pretty much all you need along with the starting set.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Been playing CoD WWII when solo and PUBG when friends are on. Also messing around with XCOM, but the game has been pretty overwhelming for me so far. I've been watching tutorials and such on Youtube, but I haven't really committed to actually playing through it. It's definitely my kind of game though.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Been playing CoD WWII when solo and PUBG when friends are on. Also messing around with XCOM, but the game has been pretty overwhelming for me so far. I've been watching tutorials and such on Youtube, but I haven't really committed to actually playing through it. It's definitely my kind of game though.

I had a similar experience with XCOM 2.

In theory, that game should be a slam dunk for me...unfortunately, I could not get into it at all and I still don't fully understand why.

I think part of it is definitely the random nature of the combat system.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

The part that is kind of weird but, once I got used to it, extra satisfying is that you'll never be "worse" than in the beginning, before you level up some soldiers and get the first round of weapon upgrades (magnetic rifles). But it can be frustrating in the beginning when you're not sure the right build order and waste precious resources on things you don't need right now; you'll end up having spent resources on a workshop or something then can't afford to get build the weapons tech you so tirelessly worked towards for another month...

For Xcom 1, I think I had to quit and restart campaigns twice before I figured it out - just got to insurmountable positions and figured "well, the aliens won this one - let's try again". Once you "get" it though, its a wonderful game.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Still playing Divinity Original Sin 2. I thought I was almost done but apparently there's a whole nother act :biglaugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Just started Wolfenstein 2 finally. Really fun game so far but man, it just solidifies how bad I mean at first person shooters. I'm only a few levels in and I have died a billion times on normal level. :laugh:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I've gotten back into Forza Horizon 3 now that I have a new graphics card and it's been patched.

I've never experienced a game that I can play so much and never get any better at like Rocket League.

:laugh:

Tell me about it. I've put in well over a hundred hours between PC and PS4 and I'm absolute GARBAGE.

I just started playing yesterday and I am terrible. Sooooo much fun though.

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
the evil within 2 ...getting better for me as it goes along...liking the more open world feel..even the odd side mission ..i really liked the first one and this one does not disappoint

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 - got it nice on sale. One of the best buys I have made recently, such an amazing and unique game. Really glad to see they have lots of plans for it in the future, and that it has no affiliation with EA.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I had a similar experience with XCOM 2.

In theory, that game should be a slam dunk for me...unfortunately, I could not get into it at all and I still don't fully understand why.

I think part of it is definitely the random nature of the combat system.
The part that is kind of weird but, once I got used to it, extra satisfying is that you'll never be "worse" than in the beginning, before you level up some soldiers and get the first round of weapon upgrades (magnetic rifles). But it can be frustrating in the beginning when you're not sure the right build order and waste precious resources on things you don't need right now; you'll end up having spent resources on a workshop or something then can't afford to get build the weapons tech you so tirelessly worked towards for another month...

For Xcom 1, I think I had to quit and restart campaigns twice before I figured it out - just got to insurmountable positions and figured "well, the aliens won this one - let's try again". Once you "get" it though, its a wonderful game.
If you're not save-scumming you're not trying :thumbu:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I usually don't like posting what I'm playing in here because in my head I like to think people don't want spoilers for what's going to appear in the last game you beat thread. Since you know I'm playing XCOM however you may as well know that I've just played what is possibly the worst boss fight in any game, anywhere, ever.

Run around the edge of a circular room where a man stood in the middle is shooting fire at you which kills you if it hits. Turn two long valves to open a door which you'll then need to stand in front of for a minute trying to open (luckily I had an upgrade which made this easier), all the while hoping one of the (apparently random, direction-wise) flaming arrows doesn't hit you. Utterly moronic.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Darksiders 2, I forgot how stunning this game was. I didn't think it would hold up playing it again but the art direction and voice acting is just fantastic.

There's a scene where you're talking to a character and the camera slowly pans into the room (the makers forge) next door and you can hear her voice echoing theough the room as if you were listening to her voice from in the room. That's the type of attention to detail that's in this game.

Now there were several problems with the game (namely how quickly items become useless) but the art and voice work is just stunning even today.

Only big negative I have, is that the world does feel very videogamey. Theres lots of artificial barriers that are put in your way. It tried to emulate Zelda too much. I would have rather had just a linear game rather than an "open world" where you need to actually unlock access to half the areas.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Thief update: Probably about ~13 hours into the game I discover you can actually toggle the minimap on and off. It's been off the whole time. I put it on and it's too large, not far enough into a corner and it's caused this weird graphical glitch I now have to restart to try and get rid of.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
maxresdefault.jpg

The actual state of this

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Finally on the Hollow Knight train after the sale.

Really beautiful and well made game. It's a bit harder than I'm used to with a light Dark Soulsy feel (which I'm not really a fan of), but I'm actually really enjoying it. About 6 hours in.

But don't run it in Steam Big Picture, or it takes a big ol' crap on the frame rate.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Traded COD ww2 to my buddy for Sniper Elite 4. What a hidden gem and underrated game. Playing on the hardest setting and missions are taking me anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. Lots of stealth and strategic thinking involved. Makes WW2 look like dog crap lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad