Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
When I demoed Cuphead at an event, it was really tough. So I'm not surprised, nor do I blame you. I haven't bought it due to its difficulty, though I adore the art style.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game has some surprising polish to it and more variety than expected. Apparently it's only 3-4 hours long, which is also surprising given the previous games' length. Then again they got super tedious and were very repetitive. I'm kind of glad this one is short, as I can finish it this weekend then take it back to the library and move on to something else and not get burdened with a terribly long or boring LEGO game.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Never played any of the Ys games before this but I'm quite enjoying Ys VIII. Someone mentioned Symphony of the Night earlier and to me this game feels a little bit like that but in 3D instead of side scrolling, at least in terms of the map exploration. Some pacing issues in the story, at least early on but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Booted up Transistor, and while it's a beautiful game, it feels like less interesting Bastion. Don't think it'll hold me, although I am interested in their third game Pyre...

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
You can add Overwatch - PS4 for me, new event = me playing.

Also Transistor is awesome, and I loved Bastion also. Beautiful looking and sounding game, and I love mixing and matching various combos. Platinumed it.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Working on knocking Jade Empire off of the ol' backlog.

About 7 hours in. Charming game, actually quite enjoying it despite its age. While it's very similar in many ways to KOTOR, I feel it hasn't aged as well. The clunky interface/engine becomes much more apparent when real-time reactions are required.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Working on knocking Jade Empire off of the ol' backlog.

About 7 hours in. Charming game, actually quite enjoying it despite its age. While it's very similar in many ways to KOTOR, I feel it hasn't aged as well. The clunky interface/engine becomes much more apparent when real-time reactions are required.

Interesting because I was thinking of picking this one up.

I like the old games. I've played BG2 at least 2 or 3 times in the last 5 years.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Interesting because I was thinking of picking this one up.

I like the old games. I've played BG2 at least 2 or 3 times in the last 5 years.

I would say give it a shot. It's pretty cheap (was free on Origin awhile back), and it's fun. Quirky, but fun.

The combat can get pretty frustrating at first IMO, although I'm having more fun with it now that I've got some talent points under my belt. I find there's a fine balance between ROFLstomp and getting pissed off at how clunky it is. :laugh:

There's classic old school BioWare writing and humour, and classic BioWare bugs as well.

I've read it's pretty short and shallow in comparison to KOTOR, and I can easily see that.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
It's a KOTOR / Mass Effect style game? (e.g. 2 companions and a leader 3D type game?)

Very much so. You can very easily tell it was built on the same foundation as KOTOR, except done in real time action style rather than turn based. The dialogue system, graphics, and even elements of the interface are identical.

A fair few very interesting companions with the typical "talk to them to learn more of their backstory" setup, although only one can come with you at a time in "attack" or "support" mode with different effects (and effectiveness) for each character. It even has a light side/dark side (Way of the Open Palm / Way of the Closed Fist) system.

The level up and ability systems aren't as in depth. You mostly learn techniques through plot events based on your choices, and then upgrade their speed, damage, etc. through level ups.

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
After going hollow and switching games to XCOM Long War for a while, I came back to Dark Souls III tonight and finally got Nameless King down in my SL1 playthrough.

99CD4DE41609475E0C9AFEAF07783ABB54A0DFD9

Don't really want to know how many total attempts that was. Easily 100+ I think.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Been playing Shadow of Mordor the last week from the back catalog.

Lots of fun, weird to see a middle earth themed stealth game.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
After going hollow and switching games to XCOM Long War for a while, I came back to Dark Souls III tonight and finally got Nameless King down in my SL1 playthrough.

99CD4DE41609475E0C9AFEAF07783ABB54A0DFD9

Don't really want to know how many total attempts that was. Easily 100+ I think.

Well congrats good sir!

Now you just need to beat Sister Friede and Midir to complete the bullshit trifecta :)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2 were apparently ported to mobile and I’m as hooked as you can be.

There is a separate made for mobile version which sucks, I mean the real games from back in the day.

Easily worth 5 bucks

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Too many... Really addicted to Xcom2 WotC right now. Might actually finish a game, for the first time in a long time.

Have some saves/plays going for Skyrim/Fallout 4 and Fallout NV (joined the PC world about a year ago and going wild with mods...) that I jump in and out of for days at a time. Similar with a second play through of the Witcher 3.

Come to think of it, I've now owned Skyrim on 3 systems (PS3, 4 and PC), Fallout 4 on 2 (PS4 and PC) and FO:NV on 2 (PS3 and PC) and I've only beaten Fallout 4 once... never finished the other's main quests...so easily sidetracked.

And theres always Rome Total War 2, which I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->