Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
That's just the twice now I've had to delete and reinstall this buggy heap of shit. First time a street doesn't load, second time all sound stops completely.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Far Cry 4

I havent played a Far Cry game since the original. I picked this one up out of a bargain bin for like $5 about a month ago. I played a couple hours immediately but wasnt really liking it. I came back to it a few days ago and im satisfied with it at this point. I mean, its not amazing or anything but Im having some fun with it.

The Shangri-la parts are annoying as hell though.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Trying to get into GTA V, but it's really rough going. All the player characters are so annoying to listen to I always skip the cinematics and mission info so I never know what I'm doing half the time. Franklin's non-stop bickering and arguing with his "homies" got deeply annoying really fast. The Italian guy's trying and failing to be Tommy Vercetti from Vice City. I don't like any of these people. I don't want to listen to them complain about everyone, and that's all they ever want to do.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Trying to get into GTA V, but it's really rough going. All the player characters are so annoying to listen to I always skip the cinematics and mission info so I never know what I'm doing half the time. Franklin's non-stop bickering and arguing with his "homies" got deeply annoying really fast. The Italian guy's trying and failing to be Tommy Vercetti from Vice City. I don't like any of these people. I don't want to listen to them complain about everyone, and that's all they ever want to do.

Not sure what part you are at, but it gets better after you get Trevor and get into more heists. I wasn't a fan at the beginning of the game either.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Not sure what part you are at, but it gets better after you get Trevor and get into more heists. I wasn't a fan at the beginning of the game either.
Still quite near the beginning. I was a huge fan of VC and SA, but I'm really not feeling this one so far. Gave it a go a few months ago and just stopped, put it aside and gave Mad Max another couple of playthroughs. I've got a few games I spent cold, hard Steam cash on that are sitting on my hard drive and I promised myself I was finally going to get around to playing them, and GTA V is at the top of the list. But so far it just doesn't have the anarchic charm of the earlier titles imho.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Gears of War 4 currently. Same old GoW that I love. About 3/5 the way through campaign.

Playing local coop on Xbox One X (x2). I tried splitscreen on my 75" TV and I thought I was going blind. I use the 75" and wife uses the 40", both in 4K HDR. Pretty enjoyable experience using game share between two accounts.

Division is next on the list.

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Still quite near the beginning. I was a huge fan of VC and SA, but I'm really not feeling this one so far. Gave it a go a few months ago and just stopped, put it aside and gave Mad Max another couple of playthroughs. I've got a few games I spent cold, hard Steam cash on that are sitting on my hard drive and I promised myself I was finally going to get around to playing them, and GTA V is at the top of the list. But so far it just doesn't have the anarchic charm of the earlier titles imho.

It was my favourite GTA, and I've played every GTA released (including London and the Gameboy Colour releases). I really enjoyed more detail and thought being put into the storyline and missions. Once you get to playing as Trevor and doing the heists, you'll see how improved the mission structures are.

GTA Online was also a lot of fun. Outside of MMOs, it might be the most content and variety in an online game. There's so much to do that it often feels overwhelming.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Plague doctor is terrible.

Edit:

Aaaaand you lose your entire party permanently (other than the main character) if you get a game over.

Either that or its a glitch. In which case I don't know what would be worse.

2: okay so party members are pretty disposable. still I can't recommend it. Its got less depth than a flash game from what I'm seeing and looks a lot like one.

I live steam world so I don't gate that style but this just seems like a much cheaper version of that aesthetic.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man I have not disliked a game this much as long as I remember. This might be the worst game I've played since superman 64.

If you don't have the right party members (which you won't) numberous NPC encounters are pointless.

Not to mentioned you level up by dropping party members, which it doesn't even tell you.

Don't get me started on the gameplay, about as bland and uninteresting as it gets.

But I do enjoy complaining. I picked up crypt of the necromancer which is actually a real good rogue like.

Last edited:

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
been doing a string of puzzle platformers lately..inside, limbo,deadlight directors cut and just finished the swapper....enjoyed them all...deadlight was different because you get weapons..i actually think i enjoyed it the most

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
Playing Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Played the original 3 and loved them. Heard lots of bad things about the 4th edition so held of.
Now that it's pretty cheap and most of the bugs seem to be ironed out..
Fun enough game. Very similar to #3. Not quite addicted to the storyline just yet.. But can already tell the universe is going to be huge.
Good to kill time until the next great RPG comes out..

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
About a month ago I heard that Pillars of Eternity 2 was coming out so I decided to finally finish Pillars 1 and play the DLC's which I had never gotten around to playing at all. Really loving what the White March adds to the Pillars game (maybe halfway through WM2) and overall just love the look and storyline of this game. My real problem is that I struggle with combat in these type of games (I don't feel like super micromanaging every single encounter) but luckily patches have really improved the AI party combat so it feels alot smoother than when I played a few years ago. So many things to do in this game though (another reason I never finished it is since if you stop playing for more than a week you completely forget what's going on), I'm not confident I will finish before PoE2 releases. I went ahead and pre-ordered PoE2 anyways cause what the hell.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Is Skyrim Special Edition (Xbox One) worth $25? I played it on Xbox 360 originally (played as an archer) and it was disappointing compared to Oblivion in terms of storyline and whatnot. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Been going through the Telltale Batman sequel - The Enemy Within.

Really enjoying it so far. I know not everyone likes the Telltale formula, but it reminds me of the "choose your own adventure" books I read as a kid.

I really like the story in the first one, and so far I'm into this one as well.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well it's expected that you'll be lost if you don't follow the cinematics. Anyway:

-Franklin's development gets better and he stops the bickering as he gets acclimated to everything.

- Michael definitely bitches and whines about his family a lot, but they give him a lot of shit, so I don't blame him. Archetypal husband who provides for the family while they all take advantage of him. His character development with Trevor is pretty awesome though.

It doesn't sound like you've met Trevor yet, trust me when I say that when he arrives on the scene shit starts to get real. Once you get out of the city and start getting immersed in the rest of the GTA5 universe you'll find that there's a LOT to this game than it seems at first.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Tales of Zestiria PS4

I like the art style and the simplistic visuals but the texture filtering and pop in is pretty bad and the shimmering is even worse. No idea why the settings are dialed back so much, can't be that hardware intensive.

Valkyries revolution had a similar art style and wasn't near this dialed back

Edit: I looked this up, it's an issue on PC too

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I just finished Planescape: Torment (the Enhanced Edition) for the first time. It took me only 19 years to get around to it. It was very good and the story was fantastic. Because other games since have borrowed ideas from the game, it can be harder to appreciate what made it stand out, but, if you can manage to put yourself into the mindset of 1999, you can begin to sense why it won many Game of the Year awards, has been called one of the best games of all time and has become a cult classic. I'm thinking of jumping directly into its spiritual sequel (2017's Torment: Tides of Nunemera) next.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm thinking of jumping directly into its spiritual sequel (2017's Torment: Tides of Nunemera) next.

Mask of the Betrayer though. It's better than Tides.

Tides has its moments but it also has a lot of problems. If you think PST has a lot of reading, Tides is more book than game :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad