Games that well be televised on Center Ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
punchy1 said:
Did you see the thread asking this question with two pages of info on this page?

Just curious.

honestly, that thread didn't answer much. it said, "blah blah yes, you'll see games on center ice!" it didn't really address WHICH, though i have a feeling we won't see any of USA's games until the medal round

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
nomorekids said:
honestly, that thread didn't answer much. it said, "blah blah yes, you'll see games on center ice!" it didn't really address WHICH, though i have a feeling we won't see any of USA's games until the medal round

All Canadian games will be shown via the TSN feed through Center Ice here in the states.

US coverage starts with the medal round and will be covered by NESN, Fox Sports Net North, and CSTV. I don't believe these games will be covered by Center Ice. You probably have to have DirecTV's sports package to get them although you'll probably get any coverage provided by NESN and Fox Sports Net North if you live in an area that has them as part of your cable package. CSTV is only available on DirecTV as of now. It's definetly confusing right now but the one thing I'm sure of is that we've got until at least January 2nd to figure out what will be shown and where it will be shown.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
cagney said:
All Canadian games will be shown via the TSN feed through Center Ice here in the states.

US coverage starts with the medal round and will be covered by NESN, Fox Sports Net North, and CSTV. I don't believe these games will be covered by Center Ice. You probably have to have DirecTV's sports package to get them although you'll probably get any coverage provided by NESN and Fox Sports Net North if you live in an area that has them as part of your cable package. CSTV is only available on DirecTV as of now. It's definetly confusing right now but the one thing I'm sure of is that we've got until at least January 2nd to figure out what will be shown and where it will be shown.

Just got my DirecTV receiver with Tivo and the bonus is that it lets me scroll two weeks ahead (as opposed to the regular Directv receiver that only lets you scoll about 24 hours ahead in the schedule) to see what is on the NHL Center Ice schedule (website never updates the center ice schedule).

So far here in the States I have the schedule telling me that the Canada/Czech game on the 31st will be televised.

That's all I've been able to see is coming up so far.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The Canada-Finland game didn't show up on my DirecTV schedule until a few hours before the game. However, the channel it was shown on had been coming up blank prior to that (if there aren't any games the Center Ice channels usually won't even show up on the schedule). Right now there are two blank NHL Center Ice channels showing up for tomorrow early in the morning. I can't figure out any other reason for them to be there other than a possible WJC game (or if we're lucky, two games). I guess we'll see though.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
cagney said:
The Canada-Finland game didn't show up on my DirecTV schedule until a few hours before the game. However, the channel it was shown on had been coming up blank prior to that (if there aren't any games the Center Ice channels usually won't even show up on the schedule). Right now there are two blank NHL Center Ice channels showing up for tomorrow early in the morning. I can't figure out any other reason for them to be there other than a possible WJC game (or if we're lucky, two games). I guess we'll see though.

Great tip!

I turned on the tv this morning and the Canada vs. Swiss game was on! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->