Games like "Amnesia" ?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I just finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and I liked it alright. It was a free PS Plus game, so it was decent for a free game.

I wanted to ask if you guys knew any games similar to this? I liked the dark and horror feel to the game, preferably with more refined puzzles, though... The puzzles in Amnesia weren't as much puzzles/brain teasers as they were "find random objects and fiddle with them until you figure something out". lol

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I loved that game. The most similar type of games I can think of that I played (unless I am forgetting some) would be the Myst/Riven games. Not nearly as scary and you know... much older games but same kind of style with the puzzles.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The sequel to Amnesia seems like an obvious first place to look. Though I've never played it, I doubt the puzzles are more interesting.
Amnesia: Collection

The series by the same developers that was made before Amnesia is called Penumbra.
Wasn't made for consoles as far as I know but should run on most laptops even.
Penumbra Collection, The

Series with more complicated puzzles are kinda tough to find, can't really think of anything off the top of my head the is Amensia-like but with more complicated gameplay.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
The sequel to Amnesia seems like an obvious first place to look. Though I've never played it, I doubt the puzzles are more interesting.
Amnesia: Collection

The series by the same developers that was made before Amnesia is called Penumbra.
Wasn't made for consoles as far as I know but should run on most laptops even.
Penumbra Collection, The

Series with more complicated puzzles are kinda tough to find, can't really think of anything off the top of my head the is Amensia-like but with more complicated gameplay.
I have the second Amnesia (all three of them came for free on PS Plus a couple months ago), the second one is worse than the first one, but I've read that its worse than the first one.

Until Dawn looks interesting, but it looks almost like a movie more than a video game.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I played a really good puzzle game called Quern a while back, it was incredibly good, but puzzle games don't really have much re-playability.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I have the second Amnesia (all three of them came for free on PS Plus a couple months ago), the second one is worse than the first one, but I've read that its worse than the first one.

Until Dawn looks interesting, but it looks almost like a movie more than a video game.
Until Dawn is a good game, but it’s pretty short and there aren’t really any puzzles to it. It’s more about discovering what’s going on and making choices to advance the story.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
SOMA is most recent game by the Amnesia team. Outlast is kinda the roller coaster version of those games. Layers of Fear is also in that camp.

I don't think any of those are really "puzzle" oriented, though. Resident Evil 7 might actually be the best bet there, tbh.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
FYI, the Amnesia Collection (the first game and its sequel) are free for Windows, Mac and Linux at Humble Bundle until around noon Saturday:

Buy Amnesia Collection from the Humble Store
Thanks, but I got the Amnesia Collection for free on Playstation as a perk for playstation plus.

SOMA is most recent game by the Amnesia team. Outlast is kinda the roller coaster version of those games. Layers of Fear is also in that camp.

I don't think any of those are really "puzzle" oriented, though. Resident Evil 7 might actually be the best bet there, tbh.
Thanks, I'll check them out. I'm just trying to find games that my girlfriend doesn't mind watching me play. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad