GDT: Gameday Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hellooooo VGK fans,

As you may know, team boards here on HF will throw up a Gameday thread for their team's games to give everyone a place to discuss the game as it approaches, is played, and post game. Some boards have separate threads for pre, post, and GDT. I'm guessing we're going to let the same thread ride until we're pushing 1000 posts per thread.

The GDT is a good way to show some creativity and build some community. HanSolo and I are happy putting GDTs up, but if you guys would like to flex some creativity muscle, you're more than welcome.

Here are some examples from other boards to give you an idea of what other people are doing, but you can do anything you want.

Calgary: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=98751857

NYR: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2227081

Pittsburgh: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1982861

Edmonton: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2152849

It's best if the thread is up at least three hours prior to the puck dropping, but any time day of game is fine.

Thread titles should include the matchup and puck drop time. For example:
GDT: Golden Knights @ Sharks | 7:00PM | Cutesy thread title
GDTs should include VGK and opponent lines at a minimum.
Stats are up to you, if you'd like to include them, awesome. If they show the Knights in a good light, even better. :laugh:
Injuries are the same, the thread is better if they're included. It's not a huge deal if they're not.
Any other info you'd like to include is fine.

If you've got graphic design skills, feel free to make the thread awesome. If you're not so graphically inclined, that's cool too.

Humor is strongly encouraged, we'll probably need it to get through a few of these games.

If you've got a game you'd like to claim so we don't have two people making the same GDT, please post in this thread and we'll keep a list updated in this OP.

Claimed Games:
10/06 @ Dallas TK
10/07 @ Arizona BB
10/10 Arizona HanSolo
10/13 Detroit BB
10/15 Boston VanIslander

10/17 Beefalo BB

10/30 NYI VanIslander

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Isn't "AT&T RM NHL Network" for every one of the 82 games?

Simply add it to some stickied thread title. It's a real crimp on creativity to have to add that (I've had fun doing GDTs for the Sharks a couple of years back when they used to have many posters doing them).

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Isn't "AT&T RM NHL Network" for every one of the 82 games?

Simply add it to some stickied thread title. It's a real crimp on creativity to have to add that (I've had fun doing GDTs for the Sharks a couple of years back when they used to have many posters doing them).

Good point, though NHL is only a few I'm sure.

Deleted.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
DIBS!

I'll construct the GDT for: Sun. Oct. 15 vs. Boston, 4:00 p.m.

:bb:

(Note: TV and radio broadcast info will be on the thread post, just not the thread title.)

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Hellooooo VGK fans,

Humor is strongly encouraged, we'll probably need it to get through a few of these games.

Respectfully, something a lot stronger than humor will be needed to get through at least the first few seasons. :cheers:

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Respectfully, something a lot stronger than that will be needed to get through at least the first few seasons. :cheers:
tequila-cat-1-1024x768.jpg

Reactions: 0point1

member 151739

I will take the first game of the season. I'll make a statement.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
HanSolo is handling tonight's GDT, but if someone wants to claim Detroit, now's the time.

I've only got so many movie GDT ideas. :laugh:

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
WOW 2-0 Knights already. Off to a great start for their home opener. Same cannot be said for the Montreal Canadiens

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I had a blast doing Boston! :yo: We rocked!

I can only for sure commit to weekends, because of work stuff.

Sign me up for the team's next road game, October 30th vs. the New York Islanders. :wg:

It's a Monday game, but I can post the GDT on Sunday and update it Monday morning in my free time, where necessary.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
This thread is now unlinked?

So the response to little participation is: Forget about it!

K.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I guess I just "claimed" the Ottawa Senators game for today, as there's no record of anyone else doing it and it's only a few hours away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad