GDT: Game16|Hook & the boys sail Never Neverland(Pit@Van) Nov. 4th 2017 10:00PM|CBC, SN, ATTSN-PT|Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

PREVIEW

Think of Sheary - (Sherry/Sherri)

150980856188985_zpscxjjnatf.gif

150981298147927%201_zpshgypyxmx.gif

150981549989905_zps09naphr6.gif

Last edited:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I hope Kuhn and Poo score just to see the ensuing handwringing. :popcorn:

Looking for Corrado to have another solid game. I still can't figure out why he didn't play in the preseason.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Looking for Corrado to have another solid game. I still can't figure out why he didn't play in the preseason.

Right? If he was healthy, and there was never anything about him being hurt, he was at the practices and he went down around the same time as other healthy player (the typo stays). I assume it was something off ice to not get one preseason game. Fitness, attitude, effort, partying, etc. But I don't see 6 AHL games being enough to undo any of that. What happened there?

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Really want Archi in the lineup. Really want Kuhn to be waived unless we move Reaves and Rowney. Only one of those 3 can be an extra forward. We do not need all 3.

Getting 2 pts here would be nice. 5 pts on a 5 game road trip doesn't sound awesome, but it's progression moving forward while we are finding our best game. I saw we were +125 which I found a bit unique.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I can't believe they're sticking with Kuhnhackl on Geno's wing.

What am I missing about him? Seriously, clearly I'm missing something about what he brings to the table since an NHL coach -- a good one, at that -- seems to think he can help Geno's line at 5 on 5.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

What am I missing about him? Seriously, clearly I'm missing something about what he brings to the table since an NHL coach -- a good one, at that -- seems to think he can help Geno's line at 5 on 5.

I honestly think it is because they are trying to get the other two lines going?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I honestly think it is because they are trying to get the other two lines going?

I keep going back to it - As much as I want to believe things like that, I don't buy it. I think it's simple. Sully thinks it's the best move for the team. I don't think anyone would purposely make Geno's line bad. He thinks Kuhn is the best fit and for the life of me I do not understand that.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good stuff, UM :) Odd that this will be starting so late.

EDIT:
Lines from today's skate ...

It is Pacific time zone game and makes some sense. I admit, I cheated using games lineup from Dailyfaceoff when doing the lineups. The unknown always gives me trouble. Thanks.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Waive whoever, I want to see Sprong on Malkin or Crosby's wing at some point (for more than a game).

I'm a big fan of Sprong - thus I would not move him. However, I don't think bringing him in and not utilizing his strengths would help us. One of his big strengths would be on the left side of the powerplay where Kessel is right now. I also would love to see a line w/ Sprong and Hags tagging alongside Geno just to let Hags do the defensive work while those two run wild.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see where Sprong helps when his position is covered in spades. He wouldn't change Kuhnhackl's position being a LW, or fix the bottom six C position of more importance.

Kuhnhackl isn't playing bad, he is playing his role and nobody should lose sight of his role even though he is being put into another to get others going.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I don't agree with it (Kuhn n Geno), but after seeing Geno paired up with someone who is all offense and zero defense and not produce, maybe Sully is simply over correcting the issue?

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
So who has half the offense of Kessel (or less), and half the defensive play of Kuhnackl?

We have to trade for Kunitz

71Geno71

Nov 4, 2017

Can't believe either that they're still putting a generic 4th-liner on our second line, Kuhn's game is slow, unoriginal and simply bland whereas Malkin is the mastermind of the second line and needs a similar creative accomplice to go with

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Just get more than one goal. And make them not necessarily on the PP.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm going to be able to watch the game tonight. So I apologize ahead of time if the Pens get shutout since they don't seem to score whenever I watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad