Game with most realistic trade valuation?

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Hey!

I am feeling like playing a gm mode, but in the past I never enjoyed EA Sports trading system. It was too easy to acquire valuable assets for a greater number of spare parts. Do any of you know a game with a more realistic trading system?

Cheers!

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
The Show's isn't terrible but only being able to trade and acquire a maximum of 3 players kinda screws with the trading system because the ability to get quantity is diminished. NBA 2K's has its flaws as well.

If you're willing to go with PC options but want hockey I'd recommend EHM or FHM, probably the best in that regard when it comes to hockey simulation. IMO OOTP is the best, but it's a baseball sim.

Trading systems in games are flawed in general, and it's not an easy fix, really.

Dale Best Goalie

In Prust We Trust
Sep 12, 2017
Pittsburgh
Imo FHM sometimes has screwed up value but the mechanics are all there. I think The Show is also good but like Paneerboy said you can only trade 3 people at a time so it's not perfect.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
EHM and similar sim GM games are definitely more realistic than anything EA puts out. When you make offers, it's often the case that the AI GM won't even respond for a day or two (excluding trade deadline periods where the response is usually immediate), and they make counter-offers if it's close enough but not quite there or there's a piece involved they're interested in acquiring/trading. That said, as far as actual difficulty, it's not always quite there. Sometimes it becomes too easy to acquire someone who shouldn't really be available in the first place (say, Florida trading Jagr in November last year for a 4th rounder) or impossible to acquire someone really good for a reasonable return (say McDavid for Crosby as EDM), so don't expect it to be perfect if you're looking to buy something like that.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
In my experience, I found that unless I am overpaying, I can't make trades. If it's similar, I am always told no. In my current season of BeAGM, Edmonton picked up Pearson and Toffoli for spare parts, and I had made a similar offer to LA and was told that it wasn't what they were looking for. Then again, sometimes I get offered head scratchers (at the draft Chicago offered me the 1st overall pick and a 1st rounder the next year for Stamkos, and that second one will be anywhere from 1-3 overall).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad