Pre-Game Talk: GAME TWO | Bruins vs. Senators | Saturday 3 p.m. | On god knows what Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Boucher said he's planning on matching Bergeron line against 2-5 again... so yeah, that should go well

Put Hoffman on the top line please

If Boucher is going to insist on matching the JGP line + Phaneuf/Ceci against Bergeron, then the only way we're going to win is if our top 2 F lines absolutely feast on the other weaker Bruins lines.

Last game, every time the Bergeron line was out, Boucher hard matched them with those guys and they got destroyed possession wise and led to the go ahead goal.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Some random thoughts. Might as well put 'em here.

Did SportsNet push the Charlie McAvoy narrative a little hard? Sens didn't put any pressure on him, he played a lot of minutes and didn't do anything noticeably bad. But Elliotte Friedman raved about the kid, even said he won the game for them. And the only highlight they could come up with was him whiffing on a shot, which turned into an accidental pass, shortly before Marchand's goal. I didn't think Charlie did much. Have I no soul?

Is there some kind of anti-Karlsson narrative at work? On TSN's That's Hockey 2nite, the only mention of the Sens was the two horrible shifts that cost them Game 1. You may remember the nine turnovers. Karlsson wasn't on the ice for either goal (and they probably happened because he wasn't). So they ended the piece with a completely unrelated shot of Boucher giving Karlsson a lecture on the bench.

I don't dare ask a question about the Leafs on a Leaves board, due to their sensitivity being even more elevated than usual, so: A Leafs poster said they were missing their most consistent defenceman, who I presume is Zaitsev. Is he that great? He's minus 22 on the year, which is horrible. Most of their mediocre Dmen are on the low side of positive, and the only other big minus happens to be Morgan Rielly at -20. Have to wonder about that.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Dzingel would be ahead of White

not necessarily... rumblings that White may go in, cause we need offence vs. a team that's missing 3 of their D. Apparently the average score of all 6 games , so far is 2-1, so 1 goal could win it.... Personally i'd rather see White and Harpur in over Claesson and whoever... Claesson looks scared and wobbly with the puck in our end, when under pressure... Methots a steady presence we're missing, and I think Harpur fits that spot better.... Game 1 coach needs to defer to some vets who got them to the playoffs, game #2, it's just win baby.. me thinks we need some youthful enthusiasm in the lineup

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Some random thoughts. Might as well put 'em here.

Did SportsNet push the Charlie McAvoy narrative a little hard? Sens didn't put any pressure on him, he played a lot of minutes and didn't do anything noticeably bad. But Elliotte Friedman raved about the kid, even said he won the game for them. And the only highlight they could come up with was him whiffing on a shot, which turned into an accidental pass, shortly before Marchand's goal. I didn't think Charlie did much. Have I no soul?

Is there some kind of anti-Karlsson narrative at work? On TSN's That's Hockey 2nite, the only mention of the Sens was the two horrible shifts that cost them Game 1. You may remember the nine turnovers. Karlsson wasn't on the ice for either goal (and they probably happened because he wasn't). So they ended the piece with a completely unrelated shot of Boucher giving Karlsson a lecture on the bench.

I don't dare ask a question about the Leafs on a Leaves board, due to their sensitivity being even more elevated than usual, so: A Leafs poster said they were missing their most consistent defenceman, who I presume is Zaitsev. Is he that great? He's minus 22 on the year, which is horrible. Most of their mediocre Dmen are on the low side of positive, and the only other big minus happens to be Morgan Rielly at -20. Have to wonder about that.

Charlie had a good first game not great just good but how will his 2nd game go will be the big question.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
not necessarily... rumblings that White may go in, cause we need offence vs. a team that's missing 3 of their D. Apparently the average score of all 6 games , so far is 2-1, so 1 goal could win it.... Personally i'd rather see White and Harpur in over Claesson and whoever... Claesson looks scared and wobbly with the puck in our end, when under pressure... Methots a steady presence we're missing, and I think Harpur fits that spot better.... Game 1 coach needs to defer to some vets who got them to the playoffs, game #2, it's just win baby.. me thinks we need some youthful enthusiasm in the lineup

Rumblings from who? As I have said previously elsewhere , many of us would like to see White and see him do well. If Boucher trusts him enough to put him in the lineup he has to trust him enough to play him in the 3rd period. IMO Boucher will not insert him unless there are a couple of injuries in the top 9 and I think Boucher would play Dzingel ahead of White.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad