Game experience improvements

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I am of the opinion Clay Aiken should have an intermission show. Either him or Adam Lambert. I can't think of anything better than a if I had you or a what do you want from me live performance every game...

Reactions: CandyCanes

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
On a serious note I've really felt the Canes media production team has gone down hill. No one is creating fun engaging videos or written stories about the players anymore. I feel like we used to always see a lot of this back in the day, but not much of this gets produced anymore.

Like when's the last time they mic'd up one of our players? It's always fun hearing some of the on ice audio.

Or they used to do those Day In The Life videos. I remember the Chad Larose one being especially fun. Just imagine how fun a day in the life of Sebastian Aho video would be!

And not just fun content, but I really think some of the stuff they produce is pretty below par when it comes to production value. This could be really improved.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
This is an obvious one, but let's get one of those Faulking huge ultra HD Jumbotrons plzzzzz

Also I'd like that rooftop deck that was discussed a few years ago. Tampa's is amazing and on some game nights they had $3 beers out on the deck after the game with live music. It was awesome! So rooftop deck, with cheap beer, and live music post game plzzzzz.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
There has to be some way to include some fans in something like the “glove tap line” the players go through after a goal. Maybe between periods, before the game or after wins. That would be cool...

...or maybe a little window that opens in the glass along the boards so all the first row STM can stick a glove through and the players can get a tap all the way around. :5:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
More warning flags. Maybe a promotion where they give out a bunch of small hurricane warning flags attached to small hockey sticks like the secondary logo. Make it like a “terrible towel” kind of thing.

That'd be cool. On a side note I think one of us should tweet a link to this thread to maybe a guy like Sundhiem and see if he can get this in front of Dundon. Probably won't work, but worth a shot

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Taking a page out of the Dallas Mavericks playbook here, a drumline.

Why not, it would tie in well with the college sports that dominate the area. We're all familiar with it at Football games here. Plus the HBCUs in the area (Shaw, NCCU, St. Augustines) would love it, maybe recruit a couple of their drummers to join in.

Look at how much fun the fans are having. Does any NHL team have such a thing?

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Why not, it would tie in well with the college sports that dominate the area. We're all familiar with it at Football games here. Plus the HBCUs in the area (Shaw, NCCU, St. Augustines) would love it.

Only if they drum with hockey sticks instead of drum sticks

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Why not, it would tie in well with the college sports that dominate the area. We're all familiar with it at Football games here. Plus the HBCUs in the area (Shaw, NCCU, St. Augustines) would love it, maybe recruit a couple of their drummers to join in.

OH SHIT THAT'S AWESOME

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
MORE local food and beer options at the arena. I'll be honest we have some of the better beer options in the league already, but there's so much available locally that we could kick the beersatan that is AB-InBev and their distro entirely out and not miss a beat. Can keep Coors/Coors Light for those that don't drink anything but macro I guess.

Rooftop Bar and Lounge that's open on game days starting around 4PM and until Midnight after games.

Top Golf as close to the arena as possible.

I'm sure part of it is just me being who I am in terms of generation and all that, but drop most of the pop during stoppages (some of it is good but 90+% blows), get more hard rock going and more classic rock (Bowie, etc).

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I'm sure part of it is just me being who I am in terms of generation and all that, but drop most of the pop during stoppages (some of it is good but 90+% blows), get more hard rock going and more classic rock (Bowie, etc).

I'm of this pop generation, and enjoy my fair share of pop. But I couldn't agree with you more. When I go to a hockey I wanna get pumped up and a rowdy. We need more Let The Bodies Hit The Floor & We Will We Will Rock You type music at the stadium again. Music from Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift don't belong at a hockey game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad