GAME DIARY: Total Extreme Warfare / Extreme Warfare Revenge (TEW2016 ANNOUNCED)

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Haven't tried it yet. I am new to Mac so I didn't want to install it if people had problems. Sorry, with your haha comment I wasn't sure if you were being serious.

My bad. Yeah, that link is for Mac users and it was pretty simple to download/get running.

DoubleJ96

Aug 23, 2006
Winnipeg
Question for people playing on Mac. Where do the save games file store? I want to find the data folder so I can play a scenario but don't see it anywhere.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Question for people playing on Mac. Where do the save games file store? I want to find the data folder so I can play a scenario but don't see it anywhere.

Are you talking about the save games file on your Mac or within the game? I was never able to figure out how to play different scenarios though.

DoubleJ96

Aug 23, 2006
Winnipeg
Are you talking about the save games file on your Mac or within the game? I was never able to figure out how to play different scenarios though.

Yeah Im looking to try play some scenarios. On PC you can just replace the Data Files I believe but can't figure out how to do it on Mac.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Figured I'd bump this thread instead of making a whole new one. Anyone still play these games? I'd be interested to hear about what people are doing on theirs.

I have an ROH save on both of them, bringing back some old guys like Aries and Joe. Not sure which one I want to keep going on. I've been using TEW 2005 and I like the depth of it compared to EWR but it feels a bit overwhelming and I'm struggling with it. Not sure if 2013 is better and if I should put money into that version.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I lost my license two years ago this week when my laptop died.

Would love to play again, but feel it's one of those games that gets repetitive quick.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I lost my license when my desktop blue screened me a while back. I don't know whether I should buy it again or just go with EWR or just leave it. I get an itch to play sometimes again.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I've got EWR on a computer at work. I screw around with it daily. Doing a backyard to global challenge. My top star, The Guido Torpedo, has 2 months left on his deal, so Zema Ion is going to take the belt away in a feud. Other top stars in UPW include Xavier Woods [5 months left though...], Corvis Fear, Bad Bones, and CJ Banks.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Downloaded this on my laptop again. Let's see what the HFWF can do in EWR. It's been so, so long since I've played this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah but I deleted it lol. I don't know why, but yeah, I deleted it. :laugh:

I might just start a modern day WWE one and fix that mess instead. I started HFWF as Regional with no TV deal and... well... yeah. Nothing.

Last edited:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Man, I was addicted to EWR when I was 15/16. Didn't really get into TEW though, thought it got too complicated and I didn't have the time/effort to do that much work. Really loved the simplicity of EWR though.

Contemplating downloading it on my work PC but not sure if I want my work production to dip. :laugh:

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Man, I was addicted to EWR when I was 15/16. Didn't really get into TEW though, thought it got too complicated and I didn't have the time/effort to do that much work. Really loved the simplicity of EWR though.

Contemplating downloading it on my work PC but not sure if I want my work production to dip. :laugh:

I ran a TEW as a brand new company out of nothing starting in 89. I remember Jimmy Snuka dying and the file going corrupt right before his 2nd annual memorial show. I enjoyed both, but I loved the depth of TEW.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Adam Ryland announced TEW2016 to be released sometime between April and June. He'll have his "developer's journal" on greydogsoftware forums. He revealed that he used a lot of suggestions from that forum to put into the upcoming game. Close to 500 additions and/or modifications have been added to 2016 from the 2013 edition of the game, and he'll reveal the new features and go in-depth on them in his developer's journal in February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->