GDT: Game 9: Sharks @ Capitals 2pm.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Granlund was good today. His poise with the puck stood out compared to the rest of the team. Skating with the puck and slowing things down to allow his teammates regroup was refreshing. And the offensive instinct and skill he has matches well with Eklund

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
You're not going to win when you only get 1 goal a game. This game was boring, and after watching what the 49ers did, what a nasty day. At least Kunin got on the board. Kind of a lucky goal, but he's been a whipping boy around here so nice to see something good happen. Hoffman was nowhere to be seen though and Hertl is invisible.
Kunin has been a whipping boy because he is a 4th liner put in a position where he wastes a lot of scoring chances.

All of his goals are like todays - messy net front grinding goals - suitable for 4th liners.

Reactions: Sandisfan

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
like 1/3 of our goals this season have been "rebounds" off the back wall lol
I know it’s cliche to say it doesn’t matter how they go in but it just shows how bad the sharks are given they have scored maybe 4 goals that have not been fluky goals.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
I'll back my Sharks the same way I have for the past 30 years, but let's be honest; this looks closer to an AHL-calibre team than an NHL one at the moment.

This was a game between two poor hockey clubs. Sure, I cheered loudly for Kunin's goal and groaned at their go-ahead, but I accept it's going to be this way more often than not this year.

A lottery pick in 24 and 25, along with some development of the younger players is all we have to look forward to really. Hopefully we can get some good additional assets when Hertl and Couture are inevitably traded too.

Buckle up peeps.

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
I'll back my Sharks the same way I have for the past 30 years, but let's be honest; this looks closer to an AHL-calibre team than an NHL one at the moment.
If the Sharks are AHL caliber (which I agree with), what does that make the Barracuda? You're definitely right about buckling up - it's not much prettier there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad