GDT: Game 9: Preds @ Flammables 8PM Can We Get Some Four-Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalName

Aug 22, 2016
Imabari, Japan
Probably pissed about the perceived no call on the can opener by Ekholm in OT.

Saw that Markstrom was upset with the ref after the OT goal. Was that what he was protesting or was there something else off about that play? I'd go back and check myself, but I have a bad connection tonight.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
They mentioned this on the broadcast, but this winning streak has been against some teams playing really well:

Minnesota - had won 4 in a row.
San Jose - Was 4 and 1 coming in.
Islanders - Had won 3 of the last 4.
Calgary - Had won 6 in a row.
Last two wins scoring 3 against goalies that had two consecutive shut outs.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

2nd Round Sleeper

Jul 21, 2021
Saw that Markstrom was upset with the ref after the OT goal. Was that what he was protesting or was there something else off about that play? I'd go back and check myself, but I have a bad connection tonight.

Had to watch the sportsnet feed on ESPN + but the announcers made a big deal about that and the “trip” that started the play.
The trip was laughable at best and while the interference could be called it would’ve been ticky tack at best.

Reactions: OriginalName

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Still can't believe they won that game. Had no business being there at the end, but like cockroaches, this team refuses to go away.

Really can't tell sometimes if you love em or hate em.

One thing is for sure though: Novak is a lock moving forward. Been really impressed with his game.

Reactions: bdub24 and weeze

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
They mentioned this on the broadcast, but this winning streak has been against some teams playing really well:

Minnesota - had won 4 in a row.
San Jose - Was 4 and 1 coming in.
Islanders - Had won 3 of the last 4.
Calgary - Had won 6 in a row.
If I were a cynic I would posit that perhaps ours is a team that is overlooked by ‘stronger’ opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad