GDT: [GAME #82 - See you next year ! ] Boston Bruns @ New Jersey Devils: The end of a era

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
http://nypost.com/2014/04/12/lets-party-for-marty/

484273555.jpg

Most Wins 687
Most Shutouts 124
Games played 1,258
Minutes played 74,023
Thirty win seasons - 14
Three time Stanley cup CHAMPION
Calder winner
Gold medal winner x2
Ten time NHL all-star
Five time winner of the Williams M Jennings award
Four time Vezina winner

And countless others.

One year won't define his career. Twenty years wearing the NJ across his chest will.

Thank you Marty.

Last edited:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Would love to see Jagr get two points and tie Yzerman today! Also want to mention thanks to the members here at hf boards. It was a gruelling season watching New Jersey. Through the ups and downs a lot of great discussions have taken place. Although we might not agree on certain aspects of the team, we all want the team to win. Was great to be a part of it. Next season might be a playoff one, but for now it's up to watching some other great teams play the game! At least we don't have to get emmotionally attached now.:laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I was actually afraid to look into this thread and not see any tribute to Marty.

Very glad to see that wasn't the case.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
If this really is the end, this game is going to be difficult to get through.

Marty is all many of us have really ever known, I imagine. To be able to say that I got to meet, watch and cheer on possibly the greatest goalie to ever play the game and watch him play for MY team is one of the greatest things I can say about my 25 years here on Earth.

We all knew this day would come eventually, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm going to be a ****ing wreck on his jersey retirement night.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't know how to handle this. It's too vague of a day.

When #30 goes to the rafters and the full on Marty Party commences I'm going to cry like a little *****.

Today will feel like a finality in a way, although yeah we can't write in stone this is Marty's last game. Still with everything that's happened and been said this year...the reality's setting in that THIS IS IT, or at least the last, best chance to celebrate Marty while in a Devils uniform.

And yeah the Devils should definitely acknowledge Chico in the arena as well as the TV broadcast.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Agh, I've got plans this afternoon.

I started watching hockey in 1996. Things changed: high school, college, jobs, states, cities, apartments, but Marty is always the goalie.

#30 in the Devils' net is like the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor. A permanent fixture.

It's going to be weird moving forward, but it's time. I really hope he doesn't choose the Brett Favre route.

MSG will re-play the game probably, right?

Status Quo*

Agh, I've got plans this afternoon.

I started watching hockey in 1996. Things changed: high school, college, jobs, states, cities, apartments, but Marty is always the goalie.

#30 in the Devils' net is like the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor. A permanent fixture.

It's going to be weird moving forward, but it's time. I really hope he doesn't choose the Brett Favre route.

MSG will re-play the game probably, right?

According to my channel guide, MSG+ will replay the game at 12:30AM

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You might want to DVR the actual game though, the replay telecasts seldom show every minute or every intermission segment.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Between being on the wrong end of final scores, the pathetic shootouts, and Pete being resigned rumors, what are these feelings that are not rage?

My eyes are heavy, my throat is tight, and...

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Ahh. My last GDT. Too bad I'll be at the game today and won't get a chance to enjoy one last GDT with you gentlemen.

Was a fun year. This place was indeed a blast.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I hope they continue the trivia quiz with out Chico. Going to miss his enthusiasm for the game and him describing penalties lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->