GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
RgJ9ziZ.jpg

FXNqZtO.jpg

RDUDyGf.jpg

69SO2zc.jpg

Zv4NNMp.jpg

I'll allow a mod to lock it.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Grubaur in net for the Caps. Looks like they are planning on getting him ready for the playoffs.

Amazing how this Pens team, basically ruined the best goalie in the league for the time being(im sure he will bounce back). Going from Vezina to backup after two playoffs against the Pens.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Grubaur in net for the Caps. Looks like they are planning on getting him ready for the playoffs.

Amazing how this Pens team, basically ruined the best goalie in the league for the time being(im sure he will bounce back). Going from Vezina to backup after two playoffs against the Pens.

This is such a smart move by Washington. This is a test the waters decision and personally I think it's a great decision. This is a test to see if he can elevate against a team that has tormented them forever. Really smart stuff. And if the Pens light him up, they go back to Holtby. That's not a bad backup plan at all.

Reactions: Andy99

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
This is such a smart move by Washington. This is a test the waters decision and personally I think it's a great decision. This is a test to see if he can elevate against a team that has tormented them forever. Really smart stuff. And if the Pens light him up, they go back to Holtby. That's not a bad backup plan at all.

But what would Holtby's confidence be like in that situation?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Yup. Ive seen them making better decisions overall this season. Instead of treating the regular season like its college football, they were finally doing things to figure what will work best come playoff time.

Alot have been counting them out, but wouldnt shock me at all if they finally figured it out. They have the talent. Now its about getting the most out of them in the playoffs.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
But what would Holtby's confidence be like in that situation?

Maybe a Fleury like situation. Holtby may feel less pressure knowing he has someone behind him who can play well, so the pressure isnt all on him. And in turn, play better. Depends where his mindset is..if he cares more about the team winning(in which that scenario above will help him)...or just how he looks( upset hes being replaced)

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Not sure how much of a read the Caps are going to get on Grubauer vs. the Pens with us coming off a game last night, and Phil either out or not close to 100%, but Holtby hasn't been working, so worth a shot. I think we all prefer they stick with Holtby.

It's awfully nice to have a 3C at 4C when we have a center out. I expect another good game from L3 if they keep it together.

Funny how some posters used to think PH didn't fit on any line for us any more earlier in the season, to seeing how he fits on every line for us now, and ideally you'd like to have one of him on every line. Never bet against PH, the man, the myth, the legend. ZAR does look a little like a PH-lite though, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope Murr is not playing again....and that Phil sits regardless of the state of his “new” injury...

I guess if they won’t recall Sprong, and I wholly endorse bringing him back up, then I guess Simon or Kuhn (vomit) is going to play RW with Hags and Geno...say goodbye to G getting any points in this one then...

I don’t really care about this game or the first seed in the division. I’d just really like to see...
NO INJURIES
GENO GETTING MANY MANY POINTS

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If we win two of our last three in any fashion we get 2hd seed.

Or if we go 1-0-2.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I hope Murr is not playing again....and that Phil sits regardless of the state of his “new” injury...

I guess if they won’t recall Sprong, and I wholly endorse bringing him back up, then I guess Simon or Kuhn (vomit) is going to play RW with Hags and Geno...say goodbye to G getting any points in this one then...

I don’t really care about this game or the first seed in the division. I’d just really like to see...
NO INJURIES
GENO GETTING MANY MANY POINTS

They can’t. Even if Kessel is injured we have 12 healthy forwards on the roster and no call ups left.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Like to put some pressure on the caps. But don't see any advantage in first round match ups except home ice. Philly winning and man between them, and Columbus, I probably take the flyers with the goal tending. Pens looked like no one beats them four times a month ago. Now I have concerns over chemistry, D, goal tending as to consistency and of course grit.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
That sounds serious.

He won't be playing again, as in he'll miss another game. You people are taking that to mean his season is over?

By the way, those of you who are scared to death of Murray playing back-to-back - you'd all make really good grandmothers.

Reactions: madinsomniac
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->