GDT: Game 80: Columbus vs. Winnipeg | 4/6 7PM

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I'm not sure I can explain this any easier. I said .500 DURING THE STREAK, I.e. If we went 8-8 instead of 16-0 and the rest of the season was the same. My point, that streak was like haleys comet and if you take that and make it a reasonable record during that time, we are fighting for a playoff spot, not sitting at 3. We are more like a wild card team that got lucky for a few weeks and we will be exposed, like we have been since the streak ended, in the playoffs

Why wouldn't you take that comet and apply the winning percentage from the rest of the season? :dunno:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm not sure I can explain this any easier. I said .500 DURING THE STREAK, I.e. If we went 8-8 instead of 16-0 and the rest of the season was the same. My point, that streak was like haleys comet and if you take that and make it a reasonable record during that time, we are fighting for a playoff spot, not sitting at 3. We are more like a wild card team that got lucky for a few weeks and we will be exposed, like we have been since the streak ended, in the playoffs

I know what you're doing, I just think it's not a fair way of looking at the year. You're interpolating a non-playoff pace (.500) over those 16 games instead of interpolating the Jackets pace from the rest of the year. And you're only removing the Jackets best streak, and not every teams best streak.

In any case you seem to agree that they'd still be a playoff team.

I think the 16 game streak tells us that this team has a very high level it can play at. The rest of the year tells us that - for whatever reason, perhaps inexperience - the team can't maintain that kind of play. We'll find out what comes out in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad