GDT: Game 77: Flyers @ Stars | Tuesday, March 27th | 7:30pm CT | Still hanging on edition

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
SHV4aZ5.jpg

TV: Fox Sports Southwest Plus, NBC Sports Philadelphia
Radio: The Ticket 1310 AM/96.7 FM

Previous matchup:
PHI 2-1, December 16th, 2017

Stepneski Preview
5 Things: Flyers vs Stars
Flyers GDT

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
We have to max out to 96 points just to have a 1 in 3 shot of getting in. Obviously, it won't happen, and even if we got 96, it wouldn't happen, as other teams are ahead in Reg Wins column now.

Who doesn't love a lottery. Without jumping to top 3 again, right now, slotted for 13th, with only possible changes in standings coming from Panthers, who are 1 point ahead and hot, or NJD, 2 points ahead winners of last 2.

Hope Nill isn't superstitious about the 13th pick......it probably will be bad luck, just out of range to nab one of the real studs in this years draft. Of course, being in Dallas, maybe Nill makes an out of character move up for drama.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We have to max out to 96 points just to have a 1 in 3 shot of getting in. Obviously, it won't happen, and even if we got 96, it wouldn't happen, as other teams are ahead in Reg Wins column now.

Who doesn't love a lottery. Without jumping to top 3 again, right now, slotted for 13th, with only possible changes in standings coming from Panthers, who are 1 point ahead and hot, or NJD, 2 points ahead winners of last 2.

Hope Nill isn't superstitious about the 13th pick......it probably will be bad luck, just out of range to nab one of the real studs in this years draft. Of course, being in Dallas, maybe Nill makes an out of character move up for drama.

I would love for Nill to try and trade up. In a draft like this though I'm not sure we have the pieces to get it done. Of course though we always have draft picks we can move in order to move up if a team has their eyes on another player

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I just feel sorry for Janmark if that is the lineup. His leg has healed but now his back will be the next to go carrying those boat anchors.

________

Feb 6, 2006
I'd love to have some media type ask Nill about Hitch's handling of Honka, especially now that the season is over.
Especially after he was hired, he talked about how poor the defenseman were handled under Ruff and he's doing the same exact thing to Honka.

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
This could be another ugly loss. Also expect them to keep sitting younger players (i.e Honka, Smith and Heatherington) or giving them 5 minutes a game (i.e Dickinson) until end of season even after they're mathematically eliminated from playoffs. Fuk Hitch and the horse he rode in on.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I'd love to have some media type ask Nill about Hitch's handling of Honka, especially now that the season is over.

I'd love to see some media ask why their drafting has been god awful for so long and why Nill signed McDonnell to an extension.

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'd love to see some media ask why their drafting has been god awful for so long and why Nill signed McDonnell to an extension.

Good point but the media and this team seem to have a country club type of atmosphere/relationship. I think Heika, Sturm and all the others need to get this questioning across to Nill and others.

Especially after the failure this year.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
That's textbook example of why 2 defensive D-men isn't the best setup for defending. Need someone who can transition/clear the zone.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Ya, that was a joke. He had time to pick that puck out of traffic. Bish makes that stop 10/10 times.

Ah well, I'm laughing now and hoping he lehts in a couple more bad ones so that we can see McKenna.
For all the greta saves Kari makes, these weak and ill-timed goals he gives up just crush a team's spirit. Had he given up a goal on a tougher shot, the rest of the guys on the team would have felt better about it. Seeing your goalie give up weak shit is so deflating.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
For all the greta saves Kari makes, these weak and ill-timed goals he gives up just crush a team's spirit. Had he given up a goal on a tougher shot, the rest of the guys on the team would have felt better about it. Seeing your goalie give up weak **** is so deflating.
yep that and goals given up right after you score are both hallmarks of karis game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->