GDT: Game 75: Canucks vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, CoyotesCentral

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Would any nhl team give us anything worth keeping in exchange for durzi, brown, dermott and crouse? durzi makes me very nervous on the pp.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I think Jakey is right, unfortunately. The Yotes kept the game last close somehow, however, the Canucks outplayed the Yotes by a wide margin in my viewing; not even close.
I chose sleep after the first two periods so, statistically anyway, looks like they improved in the third. But yes, they were outplayed and pretty much dominated. Ingram made it look like a close game.
Would any nhl team give us anything worth keeping in exchange for durzi, brown, dermott and crouse? durzi makes me very nervous on the pp.
Brown and Dermott are AHL level injury call ups at best. Crouse has value even when he is not scoring. Durzi has value but yes, on the PP he has been responsible for more than one short handed opportunity and merits nervousness.

Reactions: YotesFan47

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Big concern to me for awhile is our inability to win faceoffs. Didn't catch the players but there was a draw yesterday where Coyotes center won it clean back to D but the Vancouver fwd skated hard to get the puck and the Coyotes D was flat footed. What should have been a clear win was a loss of the draw and possession. It causes me to ponder how many draws we have lost because of our weak D and maybe this is another facet that improves once the young D begin to arrive.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Big concern to me for awhile is our inability to win faceoffs. Didn't catch the players but there was a draw yesterday where Coyotes center won it clean back to D but the Vancouver fwd skated hard to get the puck and the Coyotes D was flat footed. What should have been a clear win was a loss of the draw and possession. It causes me to ponder how many draws we have lost because of our weak D and maybe this is another facet that improves once the young D begin to arrive.
I think you're right. Our back end is a huge area of weakness which inhibits a lot of our forwards and goalies to properly do their job. Fix the blue line and this could be a very different team statistically, possibility stylistically. I have to wonder how many sub optimal tactical decisions are made which could have been changed with a decent group of defensemen.

I'm going to use Detroit as an example. They've been pretty bad for a bit, but this summer they made fairly significant improvements to their blue line. That blue line won't win them any cups in it's current state, but it's so much better that they're fighting for a playoff spot instead of a top pick. I think we have just as deep a forward group, and our goalies are just as competent as theirs, the difference is in the blue line.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Not only that...our wingers are soft on draws, which is why we lose so many of them. It's not always on the C to win it clean, sometimes our guys need to do a better job of fighting for those 'scrum' type draws.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Not only that...our wingers are soft on draws, which is why we lose so many of them. It's not always on the C to win it clean, sometimes our guys need to do a better job of fighting for those 'scrum' type draws.
They oughta bring in a Vermette, Richardson, Gordon type to show the kids how it's done.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
i’m no canucks fan, but i must say, i admired how tough and physical they played last night. except for axe murderer mcbain, we got manhandled.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Whomever creates threads...could we have one entitled "Frank Seravelli's Chronology of Lies"?

1712250905388.png

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Re: faceoffs. First, yes, we're not good. But second, it does not help that our best faceoff guy has been out for 40 games and counting.
If you want to cherry pick, Boyd is our best FO guy. If you are going to hang your hat on Hayton to save the day you are in for a big disappointment.

Reactions: LittlePipes

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
You guys are funny, we all know our D is weak and Ingram kept us in it, but considering who are D are, who the opponent was, we played very well.
maybe, you might be right. I was leaning towards we got our butts kicked & the score being 2-1, didn't reflect that very well. but, maybe I am so used to losing terribly for so long, it's hard for me to see a loss as anything but a drubbing.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
If you want to cherry pick, Boyd is our best FO guy. If you are going to hang your hat on Hayton to save the day you are in for a big disappointment.
Oh wait...I thought he was referring to Boyd.
maybe, you might be right. I was leaning towards we got our butts kicked & the score being 2-1, didn't reflect that very well. but, maybe I am so used to losing terribly for so long, it's hard for me to see a loss as anything but a drubbing.
When you are being outshot 23-7 after two...you are getting drubba, drub, drubbed.

Reactions: Jakey53

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
There are 12 other goalies, most teams #1, that have played more than Demko. Ingram for example has played three less and I wouldn't say AT has run him into the ground.
He's been out a month now though and was starting consistently up until that point though. Considering he did get injured, it's possible that they should have been starting the backup more frequently to keep Demko fresh.

We cycle through Ingram and Vejmelka on a consistent basis which is probably good considering that the team isn't that great so their workloads are higher on an individual game basis and neither has really ever established themselves as a full starter to take on that many starts in a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad