GDT: Game 75: Bruins @ Stars | Friday, March 23rd | 7:30pm CT

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
The last Stars game i'm watching this season. My advice is to not get emotionally attached to the team, you have no control over any aspect of the team, so move on and get on with life.

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
Did anyone watch the Hitch post-game availability? Sounded like he didn't know what the hell was going on. Blamed the first and third goals on icing and bad clearing attempts.

The guy looks lost out there and so does the team. Coincidence? I don't think so. The message and or identity is absent.

Even Razor and Luds in addition to the other TV puppets couldn't explain it.

Clueless on all fronts!

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Razor and Ludwig are so stupid it isn't even funny. It took Razor 30-40 games into the season to realize you can't get kicked out of the faceoff on an icing.. that is how HORRIBLE his hockey knowledge is.

It's funny that they hired a comedian to do their play by play but it's time to hire a professional.

Yes saying silly things like poop through a goose is hilarious but listening to your botched commentary for 82 games a season its painful as hell.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Honka would have cleared that puck and Bishop would have made those saves......

This might be a stupid idea and thinking about it, yeah it’s a stupid idea but why not make Steve ott the head coach next year ?

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Lehtonen could have easily poked that away from pasta at the end . f***in brutal man , he’s gotta man up and stop playing So dam nervous . He literally can’t make a save if it’s in the final minute . It’s so predictable when there’s any kind of pressure late , you just know the puck is going in .

Reactions: Kcb12345

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
H

This might be a stupid idea and thinking about it, yeah it’s a stupid idea but why not make Steve ott the head coach next year ?
Woukd rather see modano or Brett Hull .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lehtonen could have easily poked that away from pasta at the end . ****in brutal man , he’s gotta man up and stop playing So dam nervous . He literally can’t make a save if it’s in the final minute . It’s so predictable when there’s any kind of pressure late , you just know the puck is going in .

He is noticeably nervous constantly. Can't be relied on under pressure at all do you see how many times he checks behind him nervously to see if he made the save? No confidence in himself

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
With the season over, why don't we have a look at some younger wingers like Hintz or Gurianov?

They gotta start talking about this. Sooner or later you need to see these players against greater competition.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Did anyone watch the Hitch post-game availability? Sounded like he didn't know what the hell was going on. Blamed the first and third goals on icing and bad clearing attempts.

The guy looks lost out there and so does the team. Coincidence? I don't think so. The message and or identity is absent.

Even Razor and Luds in addition to the other TV puppets couldn't explain it.

Clueless on all fronts!

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
You cannot smash a egg with a hammer and expect it not to break.

We do not have the personnel to play a defensive style system. Yes we needed to play better defensively but not like this ....

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
H

Woukd rather see modano or Brett Hull .

Eh, I'd rather see a guy like Ott as well. Skilled players don't seem to make good coaches whereas bottom line grinders more often do.

The theory is that guys who didn't have much skill but were still able to make it in the league, did so by understanding the game very well, even if it may not have looked very impressive to us fans. Conversely, highly skilled players seem to have a very hard time explaining how to play to lesser skilled players, which is what the majority of their team would be made up of.

There are some amusing stories from Gretzky's attempt at coaching which illustrate how completely differently he sees the game from the average player, which in turn means he has no idea how to connect with them and get everyone playing an effective system.

Reactions: badboy1994

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Eh, I'd rather see a guy like Ott as well. Skilled players don't seem to make good coaches whereas bottom line grinders more often do.

The theory is that guys who didn't have much skill but were still able to make it in the league, did so by understanding the game very well, even if it may not have looked very impressive to us fans. Conversely, highly skilled players seem to have a very hard time explaining how to play to lesser skilled players, which is what the majority of their team would be made up of.

There are some amusing stories from Gretzky's attempt at coaching which illustrate how completely differently he sees the game from the average player, which in turn means he has no idea how to connect with them and get everyone playing an effective system.

Spot on, I really think Ott would make a good coach and light a fire under these underperforming idiots

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

In all honesty I don’t think any of those guys should actually be head coach but would be nice to see a younger coach in there that has a fresher outlook on the game.rich perverly would be a good fit on the bench just from the respect the guys have for him . I’d like to see Sheldon keefe given a shot as the head coach though .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
So, you suggest bringing back Ruff to coach the last 8 games?
Anyone else will do but if ruff had had a chance to coach this roster we would be on a playoff spot . He had the guys respect and let them play there game . he coached this team to 1st in the entire league 2 seasons ago , and to game 7 of the second round with lehtonen in net . Just bishop alone could have got them to the finals that year .

Reactions: badboy1994

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Anyone else will do but if ruff had had a chance to coach this roster we would be on a playoff spot . He had the guys respect and let them play there game . he coached this team to 1st in the entire league 2 seasons ago , and to game 7 of the second round with lehtonen in net . Just bishop alone could have got them to the finals that year .

Agreed.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
if ruff had had a chance to coach this roster we would be on a playoff spot . He had the guys respect and let them play there game . he coached this team to 1st in the entire league 2 seasons ago , and to game 7 of the second round with lehtonen in net . Just bishop alone could have got them to the finals that year .

At least under Ruff when we'd lose it'd be a high scoring entertaining game. Under Hitchcock it's a low scoring and frustrating loss because we can barely score 1-2 goals.

Reactions: Bfantz

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
The sad thing is I think we win these games with bishop in net .....

Honestly Kari is cancer and can never make that big momentum save to help the team

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Kari was solid and make some very good saves. Our team is broken.
Because of Kari .....

Good goalies make timely momentum saves to change the game.

Bishop makes that short handed save on that secound goal and probably the third goal also .....

I forgot what game it was but the stars scored 2 goals to make a comeback and bishop made a insane glove save with 17 secounds left to make sure the game went into OT.

A huge part of the teams mess is because of Kari. The dude won’t make a save when it matters the most and the team knows this

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Honka definitely would have. Honka would have also cleared Marchand from the front of the net on that first goal. He wouldn’t have just left the rat in front of Kari. He has been amazing this season when he has actually played. I’ve yet to meet a single fan who hasn’t been absolutely blown away by his play this year. He also would have single handedly improved one of this team’s glaring issues, depth scoring. It’s clear he is the savior this team needs. Hell, he probably would have made that save.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Kari was solid and make some very good saves. Our team is broken.
This. Although Kari doesn’t seem to have (and has never that I can remember) the confidence needed in clutch situations, this team will never win with the pathetic offense we’ve had lately. Look how many games we’ve scored 2 or fewer goals. We can pile on the goaltending and one defenseman all season long, but the reality is they are just scapegoats for this teams pathetic offensive depth. They dropped the ball at the deadline. They’re toast.

ugrakarma

>/dev/null
Jan 28, 2006
boonies, Finland
Mail it in March in action. Somehow this is harder to swallow than the really bad teams who never had a chance to make the playoffs. Perhaps the only reason to watch the following games is the same why people slow down at accident sites to take a look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad